The Phantom Planet is a (1961) science fiction film. Footage from the film was used in a 2010 advertising campaign for La Quinta Inns and Suites, an American hotel chain. The film was also spoofed in a 1998 episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
The lead character, astronaut Frank Chapman, played by Dean Fredericks, while traveling through space encounters a race of tiny people on a distant planet. Due to the planet's unusual atmosphere, he is shrunk to six inches in size. Before he finds the remedy to this situation, he is lured by two beautiful women and decides to help the inhabitants of the planet battle an invading race of monsters known as the Solarites.
- The original cut of The Phantom Planet has had multiple "bargain bin" releases.
- The MST3K version of the film was released by Rhino Home Video as part of the Collection, Volume 8 DVD set.
- A colorized version was released by Legend Films.
- ↑ Filmfacts 1962, page 369
- ↑ Monthly Film Bulletin 1963, page 9
- ↑ Films in Review October 1961, page 452
- The Phantom Planet at the Internet Movie Database
- The Phantom Planet is available for free download at the Internet Archive [more]
|40x30px||This science fiction film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|