Fictional Corporate History
Little is known about the company. Founded in October 2024, the company excelled in technology exploiting small caliber rounds packing the punch of much bigger caliber rounds. Seburo jumped into the forefront through reliable rapid fire and easily handled firearms.
Usage in Shirow Works
Shirow frequently attributes the Seburo name to advanced, high-velocity, small-caliber weapons, similar in concept to firearms using 5.7x28mm SS190 and 4.6x30mm bullets. Various models appear in works done by Shirow, usually identified by large SEBURO markings placed on either the gun's slide mechanism, body, or on other accessories like Ammo cans.
Going by the timelines of respective Shirow works, Seburo is noted or mentioned in Ghost in the Shell (set around the decade of 2030), Dominion Tank Police (also set around the decade of 2020), and Appleseed (between 1988-2147).
Known Seburo weapons
This is a list of known Seburo Weaponry identified a/or labeled through books and other Shirow created printed sources.
- Bobson- A small-framed handgun. Deunan Knute owns a Seburo Bobson 100th Anniversary Model with a 23 rd. capacity magazine.
- Cento (100mm) Master- A bullpup looking weapon utilizing the magazine feeding system of the FN P90. 
- Compact eXploder (CX)- A bullpup pistol loosely based on the frame of a Walther PPK/S, with ammo feed similar to a P90. The bullpup design allows the weapon to take advantage of a longer barrel.
- Gong- Sidearm used by Deunan Knute.
- J9- A 9mm Assault Machine Gun used primarily against armed mobile targets like infantry.
- "Woodpecker"- Possible nickname for a slender gun magazine fed thru the stock. Appearance looks like a sawed-off shotgun. Uses 05mm rounds 07mm X 35mm X 42.
- MN-23- A 5.56 mm bullpup assault rifle originally designed as an airsoft gun for Moon Net Co. Shirow designed it as a fusion of the FN P90 submachinegun and FAMAS assault rifle. Designated the MN-23 due to Shirow creating 23 separate concept designs before finalization of the final version of the gun.Sidearm of the Newport Police Department in Dominion. Capable of firing lethal and non-lethal rounds, tracking bullets, and gas rounds. Comes with a flashlight, built in knife and camera that activates upon pressing of the trigger.
Ghost in the Shell
- M-5- A handgun used as a sidearm by Section 9 operatives, mostly seen in use by Motoko Kusanagi.
- C-26- A bullpup type weapon used as a sidearm by Section 9 operatives needing extra firepower.
Intron Depot/Galhound Artbooks
- Fire Splash- A bullpup pistol similar in design and operation of the CX.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Appleseed Illustration and Data (ID) Pg. 68 footnotes
- ↑ Intron Depot 3 Ballistics pg. 96
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Galgrease 003: Galhound "Gun&Action Booklet Poster Collection III 2002 Uppers No. 19"
- ↑ Appleseed Illustration and Data (ID) pg.98 and pg. 122
- ↑ Dominion Conflict 1 (No More Noise) Cover
- ↑ Appleseed Illustration and Data (ID) Appleseed Chronology pgs 112-119
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Appleseed Illustration and Data Pg. 112
- ↑ Appleseed Hypernotes Pg. 78
- ↑ SHOOTING TO KILL, PART TWO: THE COMPACT EXPLODER OF FRANCIS CHUNG New World Notes Accessed April 22, 2008
- ↑ Intron Depot 3 Ballistics pg. 57
- ↑ Appleseed Hypernotes Pg. 91
- ↑ Appleseed Hypernotes Pg. 18
- ↑ Appleseed Hypernotes Pg. 130-135
- ↑ Intron Depot 3 Ballistics pg. 15
- ↑ Dominion Conflict 1 No More Noise Pg. 158
- ↑ Poseidon Seburo M-5 model ArniesAirsoft 18:31 January 6, 2005
- ↑ SEBURO M-5
- ↑ GamersInfo.net - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex By DemiUrgoss December 3, 2004
- Masamune Shirow; Appleseed Databook (1993, Seishinsha, ISBN 4-915333-69-8)
- Masamune Shirow; Appleseed Databook (1995, Dark Horse Comics/Studio Proteus, ISBN 1-56971-103-8)
- Masamune Shirow; Appleseed Hypernotes (1996, Seishinsha, ISBN 4-87892-085-8), where the author presents detailed information on the real world creation of the MN-23 design.)
- Masamune Shirow; Ghost In The Shell (1991, Kodansha, ISBN 4-06-313248-X)
- Ghost in the Shell 2nd GIG Visual Book (2006, Hobby Japan, ISBN 4-89425-414-X)
- Masamune Shirow; Intron Depot 3: Ballistics (2003, Dark Horse Comics/Studio Proteus, ISBN 1-59307-007-1)
- Masamune Shirow; Intron Depot 4: Bullets (2004, Dark Horse Comics/Studio Proteus, ISBN 1-59307-282-1)
- Dai-Nihon Giken Poseidon, the circle that produces and sells such garage kits in Japan. A small amount of its products are now available overseas.