Santa Fe is a Japanese nude photo book published in 1991 . It was modelled by Rie Miyazawa, and photographed by Kishin Shinoyama. Taken at the peak of Miyazawa's career, it sold 1.5 million copies. Published with one image showing her pubic hair without any kind of mosaic, it stunned Japanese society because the authorities had just begun to permit the publication of such kinds of "hair-nude" photographs. After Miyazawa and Santa Fe, many Japanese women celebrities followed her in releasing "hair-nude" photo books.
- Allison, Anne. Permitted and Prohibited Desires: Mothers, Comics, and Censorship in Japan. Berkeley, California: University of California Press, 2000, pages 147–149. ISBN 0-8133-1698-7.
- Schilling, Mark. The Encyclopedia of Japanese Pop Culture. s.v. "Miyazawa, Rie", pages 146–151. New York: Weatherhill, 1997. ISBN 0-8348-0380-1.
- Shinoyama Kishin. Santa Fe. Tokyo: Asahi Shuppansha, 1991. ISBN 4255910464.
- PhotoHistory 1991-92 - PhotoGuide Japan > PhotoHistory: Highlights in Japanese photography for 1991-92
- PhotoGuide Japan > Shinoyama Kishin: A profile of Santa Fe's photographer.
- PhotoGuide Japan's review of Santa Fe
|35px||This article about an art-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|