Renji "Range" Murata (村田 蓮爾 Murata Renji, born October 2, 1968 in Osaka) is a Japanese artist and designer, known for his unique style combining Art Deco and Japanese anime elements. He is best known for his conceptual design work on anime series Last Exile and Blue Submarine No. 6.
He began his career in the early 1990s doing design work for video games. He still continues to do some work in this area today, having recently done the character designs for the PlayStation 2 game Spy Fiction.
- The Animatrix (The Second Renaissance)
- Blue Submarine No. 6
- Last Exile
- Mardock Scramble (cancelled) 
- SoltyRei (Rose Anderson's bike design only)
- Table and Fisherman 
Murata has been designing figures based on his printed art since at least 2007. These figures appear to be substantial (although small, that is less than 6x6x6 inches) works of art.
- Figures and sculpture
- PSE Pro series figures 1/10 scale
- PSE Solid series small figures in sets of 6 (usually)
- Wall hangings
- "Silk screen on silk 28x44 inches"
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Range Murata.|
- PSE Web
- Range Murata at the Anime News Network Encyclopedia
- Range Murata July 2005 Interview at J LHLS
- Cosplay Lab interview with Range Murata at Anime Expo 2004
|40x40px||This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|40x37px||This article about one or more people who work in the anime industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|