Ralph Eggleston (born October 18, 1965, Baton Rouge, Louisiana) is an American animator, art director, storyboard artist, production designer, writer, director and voice actor. He was hired in 1992 during the development of Toy Story. His work on Toy Story won him an Annie Award for Best Art Direction. He also directed the Oscar-winning short film For the Birds.
Eggleston was born October 18, 1965 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and went to school at the California Institute of Arts. Prior to coming to Pixar, Eggleston worked at Warner Brothers and Amblin/Universal TV. He also worked as Art Director for FernGully: The Last Rainforest.
He started his career at Kroyer Films a company run by Bill Kroyer, he worked on films like Computer Warriors as Key Animator and FernGully: The Last Rainforest as Art Director. In 1993 he joined Pixar Animation Studios and worked on film like Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, WALL-E and Up. He is currently working at Pixar's Art Department as Art Director and Production Designer.
- UP (2009 - Art Director)
- WALL-E (2008 - Art Director / Production Designer)
- The Incredibles (2004 - Art Director)
- Finding Nemo (2003 - Production Designer)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001 - Visual Development / Story)
- For the Birds (2000 - Director / voice of Bird)
- Toy Story (1995 - Art Director)
- FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1992 - Art Director / Character Designer / Storyboard Artist)
- The Simpsons (1991 - Storyboard Artist)
- Computer Warriors (1990 - Key Animator)
- Garfield's Thanksgiving (1989 - Animator)
- Family Dog (1987 - Principal Animator)
- Ralph Eggleston at the Internet Movie Database
- Audio interview with Eggleston (04/06)
- Teen's interview Ralph Eggleston
- "Ken Breuce and Ralph Eggleston notes from CalArts Character Animation lecture"
- Feb-3-2006:Pixar visit #3 Ralph Eggelston and Ken Bruce
- From script to DVD interview
- Design with a Purpose, Interview with Ralph Eggleston AD of Wall-E.it:Ralph Eggleston