The Window of Orpheus (オルフェウスの窓 Orpheus no Mado?) is a manga by Riyoko Ikeda. It was published by Shueisha in Margaret from 1975 to 1981, and collected in 18 bound volumes. It takes place in Germany and Russia with the backdrop story of the Russian Revolution.
The story begins in Regensburg, Germany in 1903. There is a rumor at the all boys Catholic S. Sebastian Music Institute that if someone looks through a window known as The Window of Orpheus in one of the towers and sees a beautiful girl through it, he will fall in love with her. This love will only bring pain for it will end up like the tragic Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice.
Two of the students, Klaus and Isaac, see a girl through the window. Not realizing she is a fellow student named Julius, who was raised to be a boy, things spin out of control and their lives are changed forever.
- Alfred von Ahrensmeyer
- Annelotte von Ahrensmeyer
- Julius Leonherd von Ahrensmeyer
- Maria Barbara von Ahrensmeyer
- Renate von Ahrensmeyer
- Klaus Sommerich (Alexeij Mihailovic)
- Dimitrij Mihailovic
- Arlaune von Egenolf
- Isaak Gotthilfe Weischeit
- Friederike Weischeit
- Katharine von Brennel
- Hermann Virkrich
- Davidt Rassen
- Riyoko Ikeda's The Window of Orpheus in Regensburg
- ~Orpheus no Mado Encyclopaedia~
- Orpheus no Mado (manga) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
|40x40px||This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|