Makio Inoue (井上 真樹夫 Inoue Makio?) (born November 30, 1940) is a Japanese seiyū. He began voice acting in the '60s, landing small roles in Astroboy, and was the actor of choice for deep-voiced, serious males in the '70s. These days, he rarely takes on new roles (but he does have a cameo in Samurai Champloo, playing Mariya Enshirou in episodes 24-26). He is most noted for his two longstanding roles, as the title character in Captain Harlock from 1978 though the '80s and '90s (Kōichi Yamadera of Cowboy Bebop fame took over this role in 1998), and Goemon Ishikawa XIII of Lupin III from 1977 through today (taking over from Chikao Ohtsuka, who played the role in '71 and '72).
Notable voice roles
- Goemon Ishikawa XIII of Lupin III series, movies, and specials since 1977 (with the exception of The Fuma Conspircacy in 1987.)
- Captain Harlock in Space Pirate Captain Harlock (1978), Galaxy Express 999 and Arcadia of My Youth.
- Albert in Candy Candy.
- Ansbach in Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
- Zabitan in the live-action tokusatsu series Akumaizer 3.
- Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
- Slegger Law in Mobile Suit Gundam II: Soldiers of Sorrow
- Slegger Law in Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space
|40px||This article about a Japanese voice actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|