Love My Life (ラブマイライフ?) is an internationally famous Japanese josei manga by Ebine Yamaji. It was originally serialized in the josei magazine Feel Young, and collected in a single tankōbon volume released in September 2001. The single volume has been translated into Mandarin and released by Taiwan Kadokawa and is available internationally on several Asian online shops like YesAsia. A live-action film based on this manga was produced in 2007, and the DVD was released on May 4, 2007. The live-action film will be released in the United States by Wolfe Video. The film was also shown in Los Angeles on December 2, 2007.
Ichiko Izumiya is an eighteen-year-old woman who goes to language school in university and works part-time at a music store. She lives with her father, Housei Izumiya, and he translates English novels into Japanese for a living. Her mother died seven years before the story begins. Ichiko also has a girlfriend named Eri Joujima. When she comes out as a lesbian to her father, her father shocks her by telling her that both he and her mother are also gay. They had wanted to raise a child, and had agreed to marry in name to raise a child in Japan, while mutually being in their own relationships. The rest of the story shows Ichiko meeting her parents' lovers, her everyday life and love with Eri, in a slice of life, upbeat and positive style.
- Ichiko Izumiya (Rei Yoshii)
- Eri Joujima (Asami Imajuku)
- Housei Izumiya (Ira Ishida)
- Take-chan (Issei Takahashi)
- Yukako (Kami Hiraiwa)
- Akira (Takamasa Suga)
- Customer at CD Shop (Chiharu Kawai)
- Eri's father (Ken Teraizumi)
- Chinami (Naomi Akimoto)
- Kengo Tachibana (Hiroyuki Ikeuchi)
- Professor Saeko (Miyoko Asada)
- Ichiko's mother (Kyōko Koizumi)
- ↑ "Buy Love my Life Manga from YesAsia". Retrieved February 10, 2009.
- ↑ "Wolfe Video - Buy Love My Life from Wolfe Video". Wolfe Video. November 6, 2007. Retrieved November 6, 2007.
- ↑ "Yuri-Manga-Based Film Love My Life to Screen in L.A.". Anime News Network. October 26, 2007. Retrieved November 6, 2007.