Lost at Sea is a graphic novel by Bryan Lee O'Malley. First published in 2003 by Oni Press, it tells the coming-of-age story of shy 18-year old Raleigh, who believes her soul was stolen by a cat, and the road trip she makes across the United States with several kids from her school she barely knows.
Raleigh is onboard a road trip from California, where she was visiting her father and her boyfriend Stillman, back home to Vancouver with her fellow high school students Stephanie, Dave, and Ian, whom she meets by accident after missing her train. During the trip, she muses on her relationship with Stillman, whom she met over the Internet, and her belief that she has no friends because she has no soul, believing that, when she was 14, her mother sold it to the devil, who placed it in a cat, in exchange for career success.
Apart from the graphic novel itself, several other Lost at Sea comics were published:
- 6 webcomic strips for Onipress.com's Sunday Comics, now available on O'Malley's website.
- A 2-page full color comic in the Oni Press Color Special 2002.
- "Smiling Is Something Other People Do", described as "a little 'Lost at Sea' comic," in SPX 2003 Anthology.
- "Babyfood", featuring the characters Stephanie Ferguson and David Weldon.
- Lost at Sea at Oni Press' official homepage