|Shunsaku Ban as Himself: A detective investigating a murder that is somehow linked to the mysterious Planet Mamango.|
|Kenichi Shikishima as Himself: A bright young boy who realizes the powerful potential of rocks from Planet Mamango.|
|Makeru Butamo as Himself: A captain who pilots the rocket ship built by Kenichi to the Planet Mamango for an exploratory expedition.|
|Sekken Kao as Himself: A criminal who seeks the power of Planet Mamango.|
When the English adaptation was published in the United States of America on July 30, 2003, both volumes were put together to make a single book for publication.
- Both the first and second volume were released on the same date, December 20, 1948.
- Tezuka originally created the first trial work for "Lost World" in Junior High School. It was rewritten several years later.
- The first trial work was published in a privately printed book when Tezuka was about 20. However, the book was lost after the war.
- In 1946 (Before the publishing of the book), it ran as a serial in Konsoi Yoron Newspaper, but it was never completed. Following the publication of the book, a remake was run in the magazine "Boken-O" in 1955. However, this work was never completed either.
- Osamu Tezuka
- List of Osamu Tezuka manga
- List of Osamu Tezuka anime
- Osamu Tezuka's Star System
- Metropolis (manga)
- Metropolis (anime)
- Nextworld (manga)
- Official Lost World Page at publisher Dark Horse Comics, Inc.
- Lost World (manga) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia