|40x40px||Look up kamikaze in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Kamikaze (神風?, common translation: "divine wind") (Japanese pronunciation: [kamikaze] (13px listen)) often refers to suicide attacks carried out by Imperial Japan's military aviators against Allied shipping towards the end of the Pacific campaign of World War II by crashing their planes into warships. Although a Japanese term, the word has been loaned into the English language.
It is originally associated with
- Kamikaze (typhoon), a typhoon that helped Japan defeat the Mongol invasion in 1281.
- Kamikaze, suicide attacks by Japanese pilots during World War II.
- Kamikaze (1937 aircraft), a Mitsubishi Ki-15 aircraft sponsored by the Asahi Shimbun newspaper; in 1937 it made a goodwill flight to Europe, the first Japanese-built aircraft to do so.
- Kamikaze class destroyer (1905), a class of Japanese warships from the early 20th century.
- Kamikaze class destroyer (1922), a class of Japanese warships that fought in World War II.
- The 1876 Shimpūren Rebellion (神風連の乱) in Kumamoto, Japan. (Shinpū is an alternate reading of the characters for kamikaze.)
- Kamikaze (manga), a manga by Shiki Satoshi.
- ESP Kamikaze - A custom made guitar, made for George Lynch by ESP Guitars
- Kamikadze – Boski Wiatr, a novel about a Kamikaze-pilot by the Polish author and former fighter pilot Bohdan Arct.
- Kamikaze (cocktail), a cocktail with vodka and triple sec.
- The Filipino rock band Kamikazee.
- Kamikaze Radio - A pirate radio station in Brighton, UK late 1980s/early 1990s.
- Kamikaze (ride), an amusement ride.
- Kamakazi (BMX rider), the former Jamie Hildebrandt who legally changed his name, an Olympic BMX-cross cyclist.
- Kamikaze Downhill, a famous downhill mountain bike race that was held at Mammoth Mountain, California.
- Kamikaze (album), an album by Twista.
- Kamikaze, a song by PJ Harvey from her 2000 album Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea.
- Kamikaze, a song by Five Iron Frenzy from their 2003 album Cheeses....
- Kamikaze, a song by MC Lyte from her 1991 album Act Like You Know
- Kamikaze, a song by Real Life (band) from their 2004 album Imperfection.
- Kamikaze, the first single by Spanish duo Amaral from their 2008 album Gato Negro Dragón Rojo.
- Kamikaze (comics), a member of the Mutant Liberation Front in Marvel comics.
- Kamikaze (card game), a popular card game in which players race to get rid of all of the cards in their hands.
- Kamikazes: A Deathography (movie), an independent feature film, written, directed and edited by African-American writer/director, Lin Fahrenheit.
- Kamikaze (record label) a Thai record label
|30px|| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.