Iron Wok Jan (鉄鍋のジャン Tetsunabe no Jan!?) is a Japanese manga written and illustrated by Shinji Saijyo. The manga was licensed in English by ComicsOne before the license was transferred to DrMaster. The manga is licensed in French by Soleil Manga.
- Jan Akiyama (秋山 醤 Akiyama Jan?) is a 16-year-old talented young chef and the male protagonist of the manga. His grandfather is Kaiichiro Akiyama, the “master of Chinese cuisine”.
- Kaiichiro Akiyama (秋山 階一郎?) is known as the “master of Chinese cuisine”.
- Minki Tou (桃 明輝 Tou Minki?) is Jan's grandmother and Kaiichiro's wife.
- Baku Akiyama (秋山 爆 Akiyama Baku?) is Jan's father and Kaiichiro's son.
- Kiriko Gobanchou (五番町 霧子 Gobanchou Kiriko?) is one of the best cooks in Gobanchou, her family's Chinese restaurant in Ginza, Tokyo. She is the same age as Jan.
- Takao Okonogi (小此木 タカオ Okonogi Takao?)
- Mutsuju Gobanchou (五番町 睦十 Gobanchou Mutsuju?)
Comics Worth Reading's Johanna Draper Carlson comments on the illustrator's use of caricatures to dramatise the manga. Manga Life's Michael Aronson commends the manga for its art and its ability to appeal to audiences. Animefringe.com's Ridwan Khan comments on the "love-hate relationship" between Jan and Kiriko. IGN's A.E. Sparrow comments on the artist's ability to make a cooking competition as compelling to watch "as watching two feudal clans go to war".
- Iron Wok Jan (manga) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
- ML 2
- ML 18
- ML 20/21
- ML 22
- ML 23
- ML 24
- ML 25