Ichigenme... The First Class is Civil Law (１限めはやる気の民法 Ichigenme wa Yaruki no Minpou?) is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Fumi Yoshinaga, about a hard-working scholarship student in a law school who falls for a rich and carefree student.
Casey Brienza at Anime News Network commends Fumi Yoshinaga's use of her "minimalist style and occasionally awkward character designs to their best advantage." Mania.com's Danielle Van Gorder commends the first volume of the manga's characterisation. Mania.com's Danielle Van Gorder commends the second volume of the manga's parallel relationships with the four characters. Pop Shock Culture's Kasey Chambers comments that Yoshinaga's use of dialogue in her manga is what sets Ichigenme... The First Class is Civil Law apart from other yaoi work. Library Journal commends the manga on its realistic design of the characters with their "long, skinny bodies, large hands, and detailed faces". Holly Ellingwood of Active Anime described it as a "more mature yaoi romance", noting that the story is not "about seduction". Ginger Mayerson of Sequential Tart was disappointed that the first volume did not share the "wackiness" of Antique Bakery or Flower of Life, describing Ichigenme as "deadly serious". She also notes that Yoshinaga usually has a sympathetic female character in her titles, which is rare for yaoi, but there is no such character in the first volume. Christopher Butcher notes that the story in the first volume "will draw you in", and the second volume is much more explicit than the first. In Jason Thompson's online appendix to Manga The Complete Guide, he describes Yoshinaga as revelling in "the psychological and social associations of homosexuality—and repressed homosexuality".
- ↑ "New Digital Manga and 801 Media Yaoi Licenses". Anime News Network. 2006-10-23. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- ↑ Script error
- ↑ Brienza, Casey (September 25, 2008). "Ichigenme... The First Class is Civil Law GN 1-2". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- ↑ Van Gorder, Danielle (March 13, 2007). "Ichigenme: The First Class is Civil Law Vol. #01". Mania.com. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- ↑ Van Gorder, Danielle (July 04, 2007). "Ichigenme: The First Class is Civil Law Vol. #02". Mania.com. Retrieved 2009-04-05. Check date values in:
- ↑ Chambers, Kasey (March 14, 2008). "Ichigenme: The First Class is Civil Law (801 Media)". Pop Shock Culture. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- ↑ "Xpress Reviews—First Look at New Books". Library Journal. 4/1/2007. Retrieved 2009-04-05. Check date values in:
- ↑ Ellingwood, Holly (12 February 2007). "Ichigenme... The First Class is Civil Law (Vol. 1)". Active Anime. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- ↑ Mayerson, Ginger (1 April 2007). "Ichigenme Volume 1". The Report Card. Sequential Tart. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- ↑ Butcher, Christopher (11 December, 2007). "Queer love manga style". Xtra!.
- ↑ http://www.suvudu.com/2009/09/365-days-of-manga-day-12-ichigenme-the-first-class-is-civil-law.html
|40x40px||This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|