HeartCatch PreCure! (ハートキャッチプリキュア! HātoKyatchi PuriKyua!?), also called HeartCatch Pretty Cure! is a Japanese anime series and the seventh Pretty Cure installment by Izumi Todo. Produced by Toei Animation, the series premiered on February 7, 2010 on TV Asahi, replacing Fresh Pretty Cure! on its time slot.
The series has two main themes. One is fashion, which is referenced to Tsubomi joining the fashion club, which is part of the storyline. And second is flowers, which are prominent in the naming of numerous characters and items, as well as in the main storyline. Additionally, most episodes contain at least one reference to the language of flowers.
Tsubomi Hanasaki is a 2nd year middle school student who loves plants. One day, she dreams of a mysterious flowering tree that wilted, causing sprites to disappear. She also saw two mysterious people fighting, one wanting to destroy the tree and one protecting it. When she transfers to Myodo Academy (明堂学園 Myōdō Gakuen?), the sprites that she saw in her dream appear. They beg her to become a Pretty Cure to protect the Great Tree of Hearts, but she refuses. However, a mysterious enemy called Desert Apostles came, and the Heart Flower of her new classmate, Erika Kurumi, is stolen. To save Erika, she has to become a Pretty Cure and fight.
- Tsubomi Hanasaki (花咲つぼみ Hanasaki Tsubomi?) / Cure Blossom (キュアブロッサム Kyua Burosamu?)
- Voiced by Nana Mizuki
Tsubomi is 14 years old and in the second year of the private Myōdō Academy's Junior High School branch. She loves every plant and would like to join the gardener's club, but then she is taken into the Fashion Club by Erika. Her house is the "Hanasaki Flower Shop". She is an upright person, but also shy and withdrawn, which is almost a complex of hers. She sees her change of schools as a chance to change herself. Indeed, after she meets Erika, she will slowly start to change. In the first fight when Erika was controlled as desertrian, she wants to save Erika and is half-forced by fairies to become a Pretty Cure. As Cure Blossom, her theme color is pink and her flower symbol is the Cherry blossom. Her powers are related to flowers and she can use auxiliary attacks such as Blossom Flower Storm and Blossom Double Impact in addition to her finishing attack. Her catchphrase is "I've had enough!" (私、堪忍袋の緒が切れました！ Watashi, kan-nin-bukuro no ito ga kiremashita!?).
She introduces herself as "The flower spreading throughout the land, Cure Blossom!" (大地に咲く一輪の花、キュアブロッサム！ Daichi ni saku ichirin no hana, Kyua Burosamu!?)
Erika is 13 years old and Tsubomi's classmate and neighbor and daughter of the owner of the fashion shop "Fairy Drop". In addition, she is the president of the Fashion Club. She loves fashion and designing her own clothing. She has a jealous complex towards her beautiful and fashionable older sister, who is a Charisma Model despite still being in high school. She is an energetic girl and bluntly says what she is thinking, although she also begins to change after meeting Tsubomi. She makes Tsubomi join the Fashion Club after all old members signed off. After she is informed the qualification of Pretty Cure, she agrees to help in the fight of Tsubomi. As Cure Marine, her theme color is blue and her flower symbol is the Cyclamen. She has powers related to the ocean and can use auxiliary attacks such as Marine Shoot and Marine Dynamite in addition to her finishing attack. Her catchphrase is "Even someone like me, with a heart as wide as the ocean, is at her limit!" (海より広いあたしの心も、ここらが我慢の限界よ！ Umi yori hiroi atashi no kokoro mo, kokora ga gaman no genkai yo!?).
She introduces herself as "The flower fluttering by the ocean winds, Cure Marine!" (海風に揺れる一輪の花、キュアマリン！ Umikaze ni yureru ichirin no hana, Kyua Marin!?)
- Yuri Tsukikage (月影ゆり Tsukikage Yuri?) / Cure Moonlight (キュアムーンライト Kyua Mūnraito?)
- Voiced by Aya Hisakawa
Yuri is 17 years old and Momoka's friend, also in the second year of Myōdō Academy's high school branch. She shares class notes with Momoka when the latter cannot attend classes because of her job, also she heads the list of successful candidates in the grade. Her father went missing during the investigation of the "Heart Tree" in France. At the beginning of the story, she was defeated during the fight against Dark Pretty Cure, rendering her Pretty Cure Seed broken and the Heart Tree once withering. Owing to that her fairy died, she can't transform since her only Pretty Cure Seed broke. Scarred by this, she isn't willing to help new Pretty Cures. But later the Heart Tree and the Heart Pot recover her Pretty Cure seed and allocate her status of Pretty Cure again. As Cure Moonlight, her theme color is wisteria/Silver and her flower symbol is the Rose. Cure Moonlight has powers related to the moon and can use auxiliary attacks in addition to her finishing attack. Her catchphrase is "I'll keep fighting, for everyone's heart!" (全ての心が満ちるまで、私は戦い続ける！?).
She introduces herself as "The flower glistening in the light of the moon, Cure Moonlight!" (月光に冴える一輪の花、キュアムーンライト！ Gekkou ni saeru ichirin no hana, Kyua Mūnraito!?)
- Itsuki Myoudouin (明堂院いつき Myōdōin Itsuki?) / Cure Sunshine (キュアサンシャイン Kyua Sanshain?)
- Voiced by Houko Kuwashima
Itsuki is in the second year, the student council president and the grandchild of the current principal of Myōdō Academy. Itsuki appears to be a gentle, handsome, and athletic boy with a princely demeanor who attracts many subordinates and fans. At the beginning, Tsubomi developed a temporary admiration for Itsuki until discovering her female gender. She crossdresses due to her having to substitute as the heir of the school and dojo in place of her ailing older brother. However, she maintains a great love for cute, girl things and is convinced to join the fashion club. In the events of Episode 22, she picked up Potpourri and thinks it's cute. She later becomes Cure Sunshine to rescue Tsubomi and Erika from danger with Potpourri while saving her brother's Heart Flower. As Cure Sunshine, her theme color is Yellow/Gold and her flower symbol is the Sunflower. Her powers are related to the sun and can use auxiliary attacks such as Sunflower Aegis and Sunshine Flash, in addition to her finishing attack. Her catchphrase is "I will heal the darkness in your heart with my light!" (その心の闇、私の光で照らしてみせる！?).
She introduces herself as "The flower bathing in the sunlight, Cure Sunshine!" (陽の光浴びる一輪の花、キュアサンシャイン！ Hi no hikari ni abiru ichirin no hana, Kyua Sanshain!?)
Rather than other fairies in previous series of Pretty Cure, the fairies were born in the Heart Tree in order. Each one could apartly find each own partner of Pretty Cure. Unlike previous mascots who end their sentences with a word typically referring to their own name, the fairies all end their sentences with "desu".
A fairy who protects the Heart Tree. In order to save it from danger, she has come to look for Pretty Cure, the legendary warriors chosen by the Heart Tree. She gives Tsubomi the Pretty Cure Seed in order to activate the Heart Perfume, allowing her to change into Cure Blossom. She often disguises herself as a stuffed animal. She has the power to give birth to Heart Seeds. It is said that if you collect them, a miracle will happen. Chypre tends to be calmer than her fellow mascot, Coffret. She often behaves as if she is Tsubomi's big sister. She is named for the floral perfume family, chypre.
He, like Chypre, protects the Heart Tree and gives Erika the power to change into Cure Marine. He also tends to disguise himself as a stuffed animal and can give birth to Heart Seeds. Erika needs his Pretty Cure seed to activate her Heart Perfume, allowing her to transform into Cure Marine. He is rather bold, being borderline insulting at times and nice to others. He is something like a little brother to Erika. His name comes from the French term for a jewelry box or casket.
Appearing in episode 20, Potpourri is a baby fairy born from the Heart Tree, who is colored orange-white rather than cyan-white as Chypre and Coffret. Potpourri carries an orange Heart Seed in his bag as the key to Pretty Cure Palace. Potpourri can cast a powerful barrier to protect others. Potpourri can be rash and bratty at times, but has a strong desire to protect Pretty Cure. In Episode 22, Potpourri found a true candidate, Itsuki Myoudouin, to be Cure Sunshine. Potpourri is named after potpourri, a mixture of dried plants used to provide fragrance. Not given specific gender from official data yet, although Potpourri has been referred to once by Erika as "Potpourri-kun", in Episode 30.
Appearing in episode 33, Cologne was Yuri's partner fairy before sacrificing himself to protect Yuri. He had nursed Chypre and Coffret since their birth, behaving calmly as their elder brother. Now his spirit exists in the Heart Tree and keeps watching them. He is also colored differently from other fairies with purple-white instead of cyan-white like Chypre and Coffret. He is named after cologne, a type of perfume for men.
A giant fairy that stays in the Botanical Garden that Tsubomi's grandmother cares for. He doesn't talk, but he's always watching over Tsubomi and Erika. He is a legendary fairy that is said to have supported the legendary Pretty Cure, Cure Flower, in the past. The younger fairies admired him. He actually has the ability to transform into human, usually as Kaoruko's husband, Hanasaki Sora. He saved Pretty Cures in several times though they don't know who the mysterious guy was. It reveals until he guards the Heartcatch Mirage to test Pretty Cures and is defeated to leak his identity. He is named after Coupé, a type of closed car body style used on hardtopped sports cars.
- Kaoruko Hanasaki (花咲薫子 Hanasaki Kaoruko?) / Cure Flower (キュアフラワー Kyua Furawā?)
- Voiced by Chika Sakamoto
Tsubomi's grandmother, a famous botanist and owner of the Flower Shop. Kaoruko is considered wise and kind, and cares deeply for her granddaughter. She loves flowers more than anything, affecting Tsubomi a lot. She is also a strong person who has the fame of the youngest champion in the history of national judo contest. In fact, she was Cure Flower in her youth, the previous senior of Cure Moonlight in Pretty Cure universe. Kaoruko became Pretty Cure after she met Coupe when she came there to study the Tree of Hearts. She once defeated Dune with Heartcatch Mirage, but at the cost of her own Pretty Cure Seed being destroyed in the aftermath. At some point, she met all the present Pretty Cures and fairies. For 1 Christmas wish she was able to turn back to Cure Flower for 1 day.
Tsubomi's mother, a florist of Hanasaki Flower Shop. She was an officer of a famous florist chain supplier "Red Florian".
Tsubomi's father, Kaoruko's only son, also the florist of Hanasaki Flower Shop and a part-time professor.
Tsubomi's grandfather and Kaoruko's husband, who passed away after son's birth. He was a cellist living alone in Kamakura. He met his future wife at his cabin built in a lavender forest.
Erika's mother, host of Fairy Drop. Also a famous former model.
Erika's father, a famous photographer, craving for taking pictures at his loving wife and daughters.
Erika's older sister, in the second year of the private Myōdō Academy's Senior High School branch, nicknamed Momo-nee by Erika. She is a popular part-time model, always making Erika jealous. In Episode 8, she was revealed to be equally jealous of Erika's ability to easily make friends.
Yuri's mother. She has earned her livelihood alone in the convenience store near the local train station since her husband disappeared.
Itsuki's grandfather, he's the principal of Myōdō academy and the leader of the town's local dojo.
Itsuki's mother, she's the actual daughter of the principal.
Itsuki's older brother, who has a condition on which he can't walk properly. Originally the heir and a outstanding fighter, who influenced Itsuki a lot.
Tsubomi and Erika's home room teacher, strict but reliable. She is afraid of ghosts, which she thinks is holding her back from her teaching.
- Nanami Shiku
- Voiced by Yukiyo Fujii
Tsubomi and Erika's classmate, a fan of Itsuki in private. She acts as a mother to her little sister, Rumi, since her mother died, leaving her little time for outside activities such as the fashion club. However, she changed her mind in Episode 14.
- Tatsuya Ozuka
- Voiced by Naoki Mizutani
Tsubomi and Erika's classmate.
- Naomi Sawai (沢井なおみ Sawai Naomi?), Rumiko Kuroda (黒田るみこ Kuroda Rumiko?), Toshiko Sakuma (佐久間としこ Sakuma Toshiko?)
- Voiced by Yukiko Ueoka, Tomo Adachi, Seiko Yoshida
Tsubomi and Erika's classmates, lured to join fashion club.
Tsubomi and Erika's classmate, a crazy camera fan who loves to catch funny scenes to please people. She is eager to take pictures of Pretty Cure.
The Desert Apostles (砂漠の使徒?) are the Main Antagonists of the series. They are a notorious group whose aims were to collect wilted Heart Flowers from their victims and take over the world by turning it into a giant desert. They're also responsible for the withering of the Great Tree of Hearts. It's revealed in Episode 20 that the Desert Apostles were serving a mysterious person named Dune and taking orders from him, so to make sure they take over the whole world.
Dune is the actual leader of the Desert Apostles, who has been in deep sleep after he was defeated by Cure Flower.
Professor Sabark is the acting leader of the Desert Apostles, who wishes to kill the Tree of Hearts. He is usually seen sitting on a chair on a high level in the Desert Apostles' base, always having his right-hand Dark Pretty Cure by his side. He is never seen without his mask. His personality has not been shown properly, however, he wishes to finish off the newest generation of Pretty Cure in order to take down the Tree of Hearts.
Dark Pretty Cure is beside Sabark whenever a Desert Apostle has audience with him, acting as his second-in-command. In the beginning of the story, she fight against Cure Moonlight in front of the Heart Tree and won her half broken Pretty Cure Seed. She has an overwhelming strength of battle that can beat Cure Blossom and Cure Marine easily and strip them of Pretty Cure mode. Despite this, she has a deep conscious of competition against Cure Moonlight, who is her best rival. She seems to have a special relation to Cure Moonlight, once she said that she is her.
Sasolina is one of the Cadets of Sabark, and the first to appear before the heroines. She speaks with a foreign accent and can use her hair as a scorpion tail with poison. Most of the time, Sasolina has a calm aura around her, and always carries a smirk unless panicking or provoked. When provoked, she loses her calm personality and gets angry. Sasolina looks down on weak people, but will acknowledge strong foes. Her name is deprived from sasori, meaning 'scorpion'. In the events of Episode 25, her personality somehow changed after she got hit by Cure Sunshine's Gold Forte Burst. She was fully purified in Episode 40, revealing her Heart Flower (Katakuri) and true self.
Kumojacky is one of the Cadets of Sabark. Although evil, Kumojacky believes in fair fights, and would never fight enemies that are too weak. Kumojacky has shown to have a constant passionate personality wherever he goes. He likes to see other people's pain, and has no problem using this to his liking. Full of himself, he claims that not even one hundred Cures can defeat him. Despite this, he is mannered, and always introduces himself to someone he is going to use or fight with. However, he never hesitates to tell people their weaknesses, and even encourage them into becoming stronger.
Cobrajar is one of the Cadets of Sabark. He is very narcissistic, always thinking he is the most beautiful man in the universe. He often makes Snackey take pictures of him posing or make people give him attention. In front of Pretty Cures, he has the power of battle though he wouldn't let his face hurt and thinks to be admired by Pretty Cures at first. He can also throw lethal autographs to attack others.
- Snackey (スナッキー Sunaki?)
The Snackeys are a numerous group of servants in the Desert Apostles. Unlike the three other members, the Snackeys act more like their servants, fulfilling all their orders and requests. They cannot talk properly, and instead only uses the word "Ki" when talking. They can be seen in all kinds of different shapes.
The monsters of the week, which are formed by fusing stolen wilted Heart Flowers with objects. Unlike monsters in the previous Pretty Cure series, these speak the worries of the person's Heart Flower which caused it to wilt. The stronger the person's fear or worry, the more wilted Heart Flowers they'll have, and the stronger the Desertian will be.
Special powers and items
- Precure! Open My Heart! (プリキュア、オープン・マイ・ハート！?)
- Blossom Butt Punch (ブロッサムおしりパンチ Burosamu Oshiri Panchi?): Cure Blossom kicks herself into the air backwards to hit the enemy with her buttock. She can only use this when influenced with the red Heart Seed to speed her up. However, she seems to be capable of using it without the red heart seed.
- Blossom Shower (ブロッサムシャワー Burosamu Shawā?): Cure Blossom draws a circle of pink flowers before her before shooting them at the enemy.
- Blossom Flower Storm (ブロッサムフラワーストーム Burosamu Furawā Sutōmu?): Cure Blossom circles around herself, summoning numerous of pink flower petals around her to create a tornado of it.
- Blossom Impact (ブロッサムインパクト Burosamu Inpakuto?): Cure Blossom concentrates all her powers into her palm and strikes at the enemy; pink light will then shine, and the enemy is knocked away.
- Blossom Double Impact (ブロッサムダブルインパクト Burosamu Daburu Inpakuto?): An upgraded version of Blossom Impact. Cure Blossom concentrates all her powers into her palms and strikes at the enemy; pink light will then shine from both hands, and the enemy is knocked away.
- Blossom Screw Punch (ブロッサムスクリューパンチ Burosamu Sukuryū Panchi?): Cure Blossom collects energy into her fist and shoots it out as a concentrated beam.
- Pink Forte Wave (ピンク・フォルテウェイブ Pinku Forute Ueibu?): The finishing attack that Cure Blossom uses, used to purify a Desertrian. Cure Blossom summons her Blossom Tact and spins the center of the tact, and rainbow lights go into the gemstone tip of the tact. The tips surge with purity energy, and Cure Blossom spins before declaring the attack name. She then shoots out an energy flower at the Desertrian. An implosion occurs, and the target is suspended in the air, a cherry blossom having overlapped behind it. Cure Blossom claps the center of the Blossom Tact to keep the center spinning, and in a flash of light, the enemy is purified. The move can only be used by Cure Blossom only. Cure Blossom says these lines after she summoning her Flower Tact: Gather, Power of Flowers! Blossom Tact! Sparkle, Flowers! Precure Pink Forte Wave! (集まれ、花のパワー！ ブロッサムタクト！花よ輝け！プリキュア・ピンク・フォルテ・ウェーブ！ Atsumare, Hana no Pawā! Burosamu Takuto! Hana yo, Kagayake! Purikyua Pinku Forute Uebu!?)
- Marine Shoot (マリンシュート Marin Shūto?): Cure Marine draws a circle of water drops before her before shooting them at the enemy. This is the first sub-attack that has been done two times.
- Marine Impact (マリンインパクト Marin Inpakuto?): Cure Marine concentrates all her powers into her palm and strikes at the enemy; light blue light will then shine, and the enemy is knocked away.
- Marine Dive (マリンダイブ Marin Daibu?): Cure Marine jumps high up in the air and then falls down, heels toward the enemy.
- Marine Dynamite (マリンダイナマイト Marin Dainamaito?): Considered a solo version of Pretty Cure Daibakuhatsu. Cure Marine throws her arms in the air, creating an outburst of blue energy to explode.
- Marine Forehead Punch (マリン おでこ パンチ Marin Odeko Panchi?): Cure Marine centers gravity on her forehead and dashes against rivals.
- Blue Forte Wave (ブルー・フォルテウェイブ Burū Forute Ueibu?): The finishing attack that Cure Marine uses, used to purify a Desertrian. Cure Marine summons her Marine Tact and she spins the center of the tact, and rainbow lights go into the gemstone tip of the tact. The tips surge with purity energy, and Cure Marine spins before declaring the attack name. She then shoots out an energy flower at the Desertrian. An implosion occurs, and the target is suspended in the air, a cyclamen having overlapped behind it. Cure Marine claps the center of the Marine Tact to keep the center spinning, and in a flash of light, the enemy is purified. The move can only be used by Cure Marine. Cure Marine says these lines after she summoning her Flower Tact: Gather, Power of Flowers! Marine Tact! Shine, Flowers! Precure Blue Forte Wave! (集まれ、花のパワー！ マリンタクト！花よ煌け！プリキュア・フォルテウェイブ！ Atsumare, Hana no Pawā! Marin Takuto! Hana yo, Kirameke! Purikyua Burū Forute Ueibu!?)
- Moonlight Reflection (ムーンライトリフレクション Mūnraito Rifurekushon?): Cure Moonlight shoots out silver laser lights with palms, directly toward enemy's attacks, and reflects them back.
- Moonlight Silver Impact (ムーンライトシルバーインパクト Mūnraito Shiruba Imupakuto?): Cure Moonlight concentrates all her powers into her palm and strikes at the enemy; silver light will then shine, and the enemy is knocked away
- Silver Forte Wave (シルバー・フォルテウェイブ Shiruba Forute Ueibu?): The finishing attack that Cure Moonlight uses, used to purify a Desertrian. Cure Moonlight summons her Moon Tact before declaring the attack name. She then shoots out an energy flower at the Desertrian. An implosion occurs, and the target is suspended in the air, a rose having overlapped behind it. Cure Moonlight moves the Moon Tact in a circular motion, and in a flash of light, the enemy is purified. The move can only be used by Cure Moonlight only. Cure Moonlight says these lines after she summoning her Moon Tact: Gather, Power of Flowers! Moon Tact! Sparkle, Flowers! Precure Silver Forte Wave! (集まれ、花のパワー！ ムーンタクト！花よ輝け！プリキュア・シルバー・フォルテ・ウェーブ！ Atsumare, Hana no Pawā! Mūn Takuto! Hana yo, Kagayake! Purikyua Shiruba Forute Uebu!?)
- Floral Power Fortissimo (フローラルパワーフォルテッシモ Furōraru Pawā Foruteshimo?): the general duo combined attack, but can be used alone by Cure Moonlight. Declaring the attack name, she draws ƒƒ with her tacts and makes its energy surrounded to attack rivals. Not yet to show its availability in battles with normal Desertrians.
- Sunflower Aegis (サンフラワー・イージス Sanfurawā Ījisu?): The sunflower-shaped shield generated by Cure Sunshine. Soon after an attack of an enemy hit right onto the shield, the attack goes towards where it was set
- Sunflower Protection (サンフラワープロテクション Sanfurawā Purotekusjon?): Cure Sunshine's secondary shield attack, which protects her from incoming attacks. Unlike the Sunflower Aegis, the attack doesn't recoil back to the enemy.
- Sunshine Flash (サンシャインフラッシュ Sanshain Furasshu?): One of Cure Sunshine's attacks, similar to Cure Blossom's Blossom Shower and Cure Marine's Marine Shoot. She draws a circle of light with both hands and then releases the light at the target.
- Sunshine Dynamite (サンシャインーダイナマイト Sanshain Dainamaito?): Like with Cure Marine's Marine Dynamite and Cure Blossom and Cure Marine's Pretty Cure Big Explosion, Sunshine Dynamite creates a large explosion. As it is only featured in Kaoruko's dream, it is unknown if she can use it in reality.
- Gold Forte Burst (ゴールド・フォルテバースト Gōrudo Forute Bāsuto?): The finishing attack that Cure Sunshine uses, used to purify a Desertrian. Unlike the other basic attacks, it uses the Shiny Tambourine. Cure Sunshine summons her Shiny Tambourine and thumb rolls the sides of the tambourine. All three sunflower symbols light up before its gemstone center starts to shine. The tambourine surges with purity energy, and Cure Sunshine taps it four times before declaring the attack name. She then shoots out several yellow, orange, and red energy flowers at the Desertrian. An implosion occurs, and the target is suspended in the air, a sunflower having overlapped behind it. Cure Sunshine moves the tambourine in a circular motion, and in a flash of light, the enemy is purified. Cure Sunshine says these lines after summoning her Shiny Tambourine: Gather, Power of Flowers! Shiny Tambourine! Dance, Flowers! Precure Gold Forte Burst! (集まれ花のパワー！ シャイニータンバリン！花よ舞い踊れ！ プリキュア・ゴールドフォルテバースト! Atsumare, Hana no Pawā! Shaini Tanbarin! Hana yo, mai odore! Purikyua Gōrudo Forute Bāsuto?)
Dark Pretty Cure
- Dark Forte Wave (ダーク・フォルテウェイブ Dāku Forute Ueibu?): The finishing attack that Dark Pretty Cure uses, used as an attack since she does not rival the Desertrian. Dark Pretty Cure summons her Dark Tact and it tips surge with darkness energy, and Dark Pretty Cure spins before declaring the attack name. She then shoots out an energy flower at the rival. The move can only be used by Dark Pretty Cure only.
- Dark Power Fortissimo (ダークパワーフォルテッシモ Dāku Pawā Foruteshimo?): the general duo combined attack, but can be used alone by Dark Pretty Cure. Declaring the attack name, she draws ƒƒ with her tacts and makes its energy surrounded to attack rivals.
- Pretty Cure Double Shoot (プリキュア ダブルシュート Purikyua Daburu Shūto?): Cure Marine and Cure Blossom's first non-purification duo attack. The girls create energy balls of their respective theme colors and shoot them at the enemy.
- Pretty Cure Big Explosion (プリキュア大爆発 Purikyua Daibakuhatsu?): Cure Marine and Cure Blossom hold hands tightly and, with comical faces, create a giant explosion.
- Pretty Cure Impact (プリキュア インパクト Purikyua Inpakuto?): Cure Blossom, Cure Marine, and Cure Sunshine gather up power and create a giant implosion on the enemy.
- Pretty Cure Body Punch: A group version of Marine Dive. Four Pretty Cure fall from the sky and attack the Desertrian with their bodies.
- Floral Power Fortissimo (フローラルパワーフォルテッシモ Furōraru Pawā Foruteshimo?): A duo finishing attack to purify a Desertrian. The two summon their Flower Tacts as Pink and blue energy go into the gem of the tacts, with the heart gem glowing to signify it is full. Both Cures spin the center of the tact, and rainbow lights go into the gemstone tip of the tact. The tips surge with purity energy, and the girls spin before linking the tacts together. Declaring the attack name, they draw ƒƒ with their tacts. Energy surrounds their bodies and they charge for the enemy, covered in light colored their respective theme color. They come together and burst through the enemy, a heart shaped imprint on the target's chest. They land behind the enemy with the victim's Heart Flower above them and yell "Heart Catch!". An implosion occurs, and the target is suspended in the air, their respective flowers having overlapped behind it. Both clap the center of the tacts to keep the center spinning and in a flash of light, the enemy is purified. This attack is usually used by the combination of Cure Blossom with Cure Marine, and once Cure Moonlight with Cure Sunshine. Cure Moonlight and Dark Cure can use this attack by their own.
- Shining Fortissimo (シャイニング フォルテッシモ Shainingu Foruteshimo?): The enforced version of Floral Power Fortissimo, that makes the attack go through Gold Forte Burst and turns into a gold state. The overlapped flowers behind the purified enemy is triple.
- Heartcatch Orchestra (ハートキャッチ・オーケストラ Hātokyatchi Ookesutora?): The final combination attack used by all Pretty Cures, utilizing the Heartcatch Mirage and the Cure's Super Silhouette forms. Cure Blossom summons the Heartcatch Mirage and puts in the Super Pretty Cure Seed in the center. The girls recites an incantation before Cure Blossom press the four buttons on the Heartcatch Mirage and spins the ring, where the Super Pretty Cure Seed is placed, using a special pen. A crystal flower is projected in the mirror of the Hearcatch Mirage as it shines in lights and gives the Cures their gold accessories; gold earrings, crowns and ribbons. The girls then undergo their super transformations and declare themselves as Super Silhouette, also gaining heart-shaped rainbow wings. The Heartcatch Mirage surges with purity energy and a giant figure of a maiden appears before the girls declare the attack name. The Cures ready their weapons and send her into the enemy. Under the command of each Pretty Cure, she stands behind the enemy, clenches the fist and smashes the enemy on the ground. In a flash of light, all four of the girls flowers appear behind the enemy. As the Pretty Cures enforce with their weapons, the enemy is purified.
The Heart Perfume (ココロパフューム Kokoro Pafyūmu?) are the items used for Tsubomi and Erika to transform to Cure form. This require the Pretty Cure Seeds to use, which Chypre, Coffret, and Potpourri keep. During the transformation, the girls use the Heart Perfumes to spray on their bodies to form the clothes. Later, it is possible for the girls to put Heart Seeds into the Heart Perfumes in order to power up their abilities. Red seeds increase their speed. Blue seeds cheer people up. Itsuki has a similar item that serves the same purpose called the Shiny Perfume (シャイニーパフューム Shaini Pafyūmu?)
The Flower Tact (フラワータクト Furawā Takuto?) are the devices that Pretty Cure uses whenever they use purification attacks. Individually, each Tact is named after their owners, but together are the Flower Tacts. Everyone except Dark Pretty Cure summons their Flower Tacts with "Gather, Power of Flowers!" (集まれ、花のパワー！ Atsumare, hana no pawa!?), while Dark Pretty Cure uses, "Power of Darkness, Gather Up!" (闇の力よ、つどえ！ Yami no chikara yo, tsudoe!?).
The Flower Tacts are as following:
- Blossom Tact (ブロッサムタクト Burosamu Takuto?) - Cure Blossom's Flower Tact. Allows her to use Pink Forte Wave.
- Marine Tact (マリンタクト Marin Takuto?) - Cure Marine's Flower Tact. Allows her to use Blue Forte Wave.
- Moon Tact (ムーンタクト Mūn Takuto?) - Cure Moonlight's Flower Tact. Allows her to use Silver Forte Wave and Floral Power Fortissimo.
- Dark Tact (ダークタクト Daku Takuto?) - Dark Pretty Cure's Flower Tact. Allows her to use Dark Forte Wave and Dark Power Fortissimo.
The Shiny Tambourine (シャイニータンバリン Shaini Tanbarin?) is Cure Sunshine's main weapon. Different from the Flower Tact, it's design is similar to a Tambourine shaped like a sunflower. Allows her to use Gold Forte Burst and Shining Fortissimo along with Cure Blossom and Cure Marine.
The Heart Pot (ココロポット Kokoro Potto?) is a small container used for containing Heart Seeds. Chypre and Coffret say that when the Heart Pot is full, a miracle will happen, which will revive the Tree of Hearts. It first appears in episode 2. Heart Seeds can be taken out to be used for power-ups. Halfway full, the Heart Pot unleashes a golden light, which resulted to Potpourri's birth. Yuri uses the lid of the Heart Pot as a transformation device that transforms her into Cure Moonlight.
The Heartcatch Mirage (ハートキャッチミラージュ Hātokyatchi Miraaju?) is a jewelry box-like item that was used by all predecessors of Pretty Cures. It is extremely powerful and give the Pretty Cures a boost of power, the ability to transport directly to the Tree of Hearts, show one's Heart Flowers and part of the cure's Super Silhouette transformation. It resides in the Pretty Cure Palace, in which the Pretty Cure to ask for it will have to face the Pretty Cure before them.
Pretty Cure All Stars DX2: Light of Hope☆Protect the Rainbow Jewel!
A second Pretty Cure All Stars movie, titled Pretty Cure All Stars DX2: Light of Hope☆Protect the Rainbow Jewel! (プリキュアオールスターズDX2 希望の光☆レインボージュエルを守れ！ Precure All Stars DX2: Kibō no Hikari☆Rainbow Jewel o Mamore!?) was announced by Toei. The movie sets between the events of Episode 6 and 7 and it is the sequel to the first Pretty Cure All Stars movie featuring all the Pretty Cures from the seven seasons. It also introduces the power-up Rainbow forms for all Cures, including Blossom and Marine. The movie was released in 20 March 2010 in Japan.
Fashion Show in the Flower Capital... Really?!
The first movie of the HeartCatch PreCure series is announced titled HeartCatch PreCure The Movie: Fashion Show in the Flower Capital... Really?! (ハートキャッチプリキュア！花の都でファッションショー・・・ですか！？ HātoKyatchi PuriKyua! Hana no miyako de Fashion Show... desu ka!??). In the teaser trailers, two new characters will be introduced like the mysterious boy named Oliver, the mysterious guy named Baron Salamander and lastly the First Pretty Cure in the HeartCatch PreCure Universe, Cure Angie (キュアアンジェ?). The movie sets after episode 39 and before episode 40 of the anime series and was released in October 30, 2010 in Japan.
|1||"Alright! HeartCatch PreCure!" (Alright!ハートキャッチプリキュア!?)||Aya Ikeda||All Episodes|
|2||"Alright! HeartCatch PreCure! For the Movie" (Alright!ハートキャッチプリキュア! For the Movie?)||Aya Ikeda feat. HeartCatch Precure||Movie|
|1||"HeartCatch☆Paradise!" (ハートキャッチ☆パラダイス！?)||Mayu Kudou||1~24|
|2||"Tomorrow Song 〜Song of Tomorrow〜" (Tomorrow Song 〜あしたのうた〜 Tomorrow Song 〜Ashita no Uta〜?)||Mayu Kudou||25~|
|3||"Tomorrow Song 〜Song of Tomorrow〜 For the Movie" (Tomorrow Song 〜あしたのうた〜 For the Movie Tomorrow Song 〜Ashita no Uta〜 For the Movie?)||Mayu Kudou feat. HeartCatch Precure||Movie|
- ↑ "Toei Animation's Official Website for HeartCatch Precure". Toei Animation. Retrieved 2010-01-15.
- ↑ Wisteria is registered as one of the Japan traditional colors.
- ↑ "Translation - coffret - French-English Collins Dictionary". Collins. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- Toei Animation's HeartCatch PreCure! site (Japanese)
- TV Asahi's HeartCatch PreCure! site (Japanese)
- Yahoo! Blog (Japanese) translated
- HeartCatch PreCure! (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
Fresh Pretty Cure! (1 season)
| Succeeded by|