The story begins in Princeton, New Jersey, 1954, with Albert Einstein. Einstein is living in regret of his discovery of mass-energy equivalence (E = mc²), believing it led to the construction of the atomic bomb.
He meets two children, Hikaru and Haruhi, who can see the past and future in their dreams. They tell him that ever since the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Yggdrasil, the tree of life, is dying.
However they discover that in the future there is a girl with special powers who saves the tree. Einstein then gives them drugs which slow their aging so they can meet this girl. He dies later the same day; April 18, 1955. He then becomes the story's disembodied narrator, following around the young boy Robin.
In Tokyo, 2005, Hikaru and Robin finally find the girl, Ruika. Ruika is pretending to be her young brother Masato, who died in an airplane crash, to keep her mother from grieving.
- Albert Einstein
- ISBN 4-592-17148-9 published in February 2002
- ISBN 4-592-17149-7 published in July 2002
- ISBN 4-592-17150-0 published in November 2002
- ISBN 4-592-17151-9 published in March 2003
- ISBN 4-592-17152-7 published in September 2003
- ISBN 4-592-17330-9 published in June 2004
- ISBN 4-592-17331-7 published in October 2004
- ISBN 4-592-17099-7 published in March 2005
|40x40px||This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|