Eushully (エウシュリー Eushuri) is a Japanese eroge studio based in Sapporo, Hokkaidō. Games produced by the studio often reach high positions on Japanese sales charts, even gaining the top rank among eroge, but as of 2007, none have been officially released in English.
Eushully was organised in 1998 as a development team within Arkham Products. In March 2005, the members of the team made the decision to incorporate as the limited company Eukleia under the direction of Hiro Fujiwara.
- War Goddess (戦女神 Ikusa Megami?) (Released January 29, 1999)
- Maid in Bunny (めいどいんばに～ Meido in Bani~?) (Released June 9, 2000)
- Phantom Shogun Princess (幻燐の姫将軍 Genrin no Kishougun?) (Released April 27, 2001)
- War Goddess 2 ~Requiem to Forgotten Memories~ (戦女神2 ～失われし記憶への鎮魂歌～ Ikusa Megami 2 ~Ushinawareshi Kioku he no Sankonka~?) (Released October 25, 2002)
- Phantom Shogun Princess 2 ~Genealogy of the Guiding Souls~ (幻燐の姫将軍2 ～導かれし魂の系譜～ Genrin no Kishougun 2 ~Michibikareshi Tamashii no Keifu~?) (Released December 19, 2003)
- War Emperor ~Sinking into Twilight~ (空帝戦騎 ～黄昏に沈む楔～ Kuutei Senki ~Tasogare ni Shizumu Kusabi~?) (Released November 26, 2004)
- Slave Princess of Darkness~ Slow Ruin in the Blue Coral Forest~ (冥色の隷姫 ～緩やかに廃滅する青珊瑚の森～ Meishoku no Reiki ~Yuruyaka ni Shisuru Aosango no Mori~?) (Released September 16, 2005)
- Song to the Rapids on Mount Fukaki (峰深き瀬にたゆたう唄 Mine Fukaki Se ni Tayutau Uta?) (Released August 25, 2006)
- War Goddess ZERO (戦女神ZERO Ikusa Megami Zero?) (Released June 13, 2008)
- Princess Hunting Dungeon Meister (姫狩りダンジョンマイスター Himegari Danjyon Maisuta-?) (Released April 24, 2009)
- War Goddess VERITA (戦女神VERITA Ikusa Megami Verita?) (Released April 23, 2010)
Reviews and criticism
The studio's first game, War Goddess, met with primarily neutral or somewhat negative reviews, due to technical issues, repetitive music, and the story, which was regarded as mediocre at best. Some sources cited the original nature of the battle system and well-produced CG images as positive aspects.
War Goddess 2 received fairly positive reviews for its characters and gameplay system, but was criticized as, like its predecessor, having a weak main plot and requiring excessive time to be spent on levelling in order to advance.
- ↑ http://www.peakspub.co.jp/ranking/rank202.html (Japanese)
- ↑ http://www.peakspub.co.jp/ranking/rank160161.html (Japanese)
- ↑ http://www.eukleia.co.jp/eushully/profile.html (Japanese)
- ↑ http://www.gem.hi-ho.ne.jp/hika/review/01a/ikusamga.htm (Japanese)
- ↑ Display Review
- ↑ http://www5.plala.or.jp/moe/review/big_review/ikusa2.htm (Japanese)
- ↑ http://tinjo.eco.to/review/ikusa2.htm (Japanese)
- ↑ Display Review