Diary of Ma-chan is a collection of 4-panel comic strips about the everyday adventures of a small pre-school boy named Ma-chan. The manga consists of 73 strips.
- Ma-chan: A mischievous little pre-school boy growing up immediately after World War 2.
- Ton-chan: Ma-chan's friend.
- University-age boy:
- Father: Ma-chan's father.
- Mother: Ma-chan's mother.
- Teacher: Ma-chan's pre-school teacher.
First work by Tezuka
Diary of Ma-chan is very important as it was Osamu Tezuka's first professional work to ever be published. When Tezuka drew this in 1946, he was only 17 years old. While the drawings were crude compared to his later art work, many elements of his art style first became visible in this comic strip.
- "Diary of Ma-chan" manga page at TezukaOsamu@World (English)(requires username and password)
- "Diary of Ma-chan" manga page at TezukaOsamu@World (Japanese) (requires username and password)
|40x40px||This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|