David Mendenhall was born in Oceanside, California. He performed voice acting in animated movies and TV series, like Rainbow Brite, The Berenstain Bears, and most notably The Transformers: The Movie. He did an award-winning role from 1979-1986 as young Mike Webber in General Hospital. At age 15, Mendenhall got a role with Sylvester Stallone in Over the Top, about a long haul truck driver who tries to win back his alienated son while becoming a champion arm wrestler. He also appeared in the movie Streets (1990) with Christina Applegate.
Mendenhall has a degree in law. He is a contributing writer for Indie Slate Film & Video magazine and blogs on their Indie Film community pages. His sister Marissa has also been an actress since childhood.
- 1984 Soap Opera Digest Award Outstanding Youth Actor in a Daytime Soap Opera for General Hospital.
- 1984 Young Artist Award Best Young Actor in Daytime Soap for General Hospital.
- 1985 Young Artist Award Best Young Actor in a Daytime or Nighttime Television Series for General Hospital.
- 1986 Young Artist Award Outstanding Young Actor - Animation Voice Over for The Berenstain Bears.
- 1987 Young Artist Award Exceptional Young Actors in Animation - Series, Specials or Feature Film for Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer. He was also nominated in the same category for The Transformers: The Movie.
- 1987 Golden Raspberry Award Worst Supporting Actor for Over the Top. He also won the Worst New Actor Category for his role of Michael Cutler.
|Voice of Daniel Witwicky|
| Succeeded by|