David Cromer is an Obie award winning American theatre director and stage actor. He has received wide recognition for his work Off Broadway and in his native Chicago. Cromer is the recipient of numerous awards including the Lucille Lortel Award, the Outer Critics Circle Award, the Drama Desk Award, and the Joseph Jefferson Award. He was named a 2010 MacArthur Fellow.
He attended Columbia College Chicago.
In 2005, Cromer made his Off Broadway debut directing Austin Pendleton's Orson's Shadow at the Barrow Street Theatre. The production originated at the Steppenwolf Theatre Company in Chicago. His 2008 production of a musical adaptation of The Adding Machine also moved to New York from Chicago and received wide critical acclaim, sweeping the Off Broadway awards season. It is now being produced in regional theaters around the country. 
As of spring 2009, Cromer is performing as the Stage Manager in an Off-Broadway revival of Our Town, which he also directed, at The Barrow Street Theatre.  The production, which began in Chicago in 2008, has been acclaimed for its non-traditional elements.
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/theater/09ishe.html
- ↑ http://www.broadway.com/Complete-Casting-Announced-for-David-Cromer-s-Our-Town/broadway_news/5020465/
- ↑ http://theater2.nytimes.com/2009/02/27/theater/reviews/27town.html/
- ↑ http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/david-cromer/
- ↑ Kidman Returning To Broadway Contact Music. 17 September