David A. Goodman is an American writer and producer and a graduate of the University of Chicago, earning an BA in 1984. He has been one of the executive producers of Family Guy since its fourth season, joining the show as a co-executive producer in season three. He was also a writer for several television series, such as The Golden Girls (his first job), Futurama (where he was also a co-executive producer, and writer of the famous Futurama Star Trek parody episode "Where No Fan Has Gone Before") and Star Trek: Enterprise. David Goodman also produced Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story. He is also the writer for Fred: The Movie, a upcoming 2010 movie based on the Fred Figglehorn YouTube series.
During the commentary for the Futurama episode "Where No Fan Has Gone Before" (which he wrote), he mentioned he is a huge Star Trek fan, with an encyclopedic knowledge of the original series. It is also noted that every episode number and name mentioned is 100% correct in the episode. He also states in the commentary that his work for Futurama involving the Star Trek episode was partly what got him a job after Futurama writing for Star Trek: Enterprise.
Goodman is also known for his deep throat voice which has been poked fun at numerous times in Family Guy audio commentaries, particularly by the creator Seth MacFarlane and writer Alec Sulkin who both believe his voice sounds a lot like Ray Romano's. As a result, Goodman has voiced parodies of Romano in Family Guy episodes by not doing an impression, but by simply talking.
- ↑ Steve Callaghan, Family Guy: The Official Episode Guide Seasons 1 - 3. New York: HarperCollins, (2005): 158. David Goodman, identified as "co-executive producer," is quoted talking about a practical joke "fellow writer Gene Laufenberg" played on him.
- ↑ Harry Huryk, The Golden Girls: The Ultimate Viewing Guide. New York: Lulu.com (2007): 55
- ↑ David A. Goodman's profile from startrek.com
- ↑ Family Guy Executive Producer David Goodman Q&A
|40x40px||Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons: Category:David A. Goodman
| David A. Goodman]].
- REDIRECT Template:IMDb name
|36px||This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|20px 25px||This article about a television producer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|