Bomberman Jetters (ボンバーマン ジェッターズ Bonbāman Jettāzu?), often abbreviated as "BMJ" by Japanese fans, is an anime based on the popular video game series Bomberman created by Hudson Soft. The show ran for a total of 52 episodes in Japan on TV Tokyo. The soundtrack was composed by Kazunori Maruyama. Unlike the Bomberman Bakugaiden anime of the late '90s, this series is very true to the Bomberman video games.
The anime tells the story of the Higehige dan, or "Higehige bandits", who are a group of thieves foiled constantly by the Jetters.
The Jetters consist of Mighty (the Legendary Bomberman), Dr. Ein, the founder as well as Gangu's creator, Birdy, Shout, Bongo, Gangu, and White Bomber—Mighty's younger brother.
Mighty, expert Bomberman and the leader of the Jetters, a highly trained intergalactic police force for keeping unique items safe from the Hige-Hige bandits, disappears while on a mission. Dr. Ein accepts Mighty's younger brother, White Bomber—(Shirobon in Japanese)—into the Jetters because they need a Bomberman for the team. White Bomber is clumsy and childish, but idolizes his older brother. After assuming his place as the Bomberman of the Jetters, White Bomber and the rest of the Jetters have many adventures, foiling the plans of Doctor Mechadoc and Mujoe to steal one-of-a-kind objects, facing off against the Hige-Hige Bandits, and returning antiques to the rightful owner.
Early episodes of Bomberman Jetters started out with the infamous "monster of the week" formula, where Dr. Mechadoc and Mujoe would send in one of their "Super Combined" Bombermen one at a time to attack the Jetters.
Eventually the format shifted from light-hearted comedy "monster of the week" to a more dramatic, darker action story with drama dealing with the trials of death, betrayal and revenge, but still retained the lighter aspect.. This includes characters going through their own trials with huge character development such as Shout learning the truth about her mother, how Bagura first met Mujoe, and Shirobon dealing with learning the truth of what happened to his older brother Mighty. This is the second time that any Bomberman media took on a darker approach, the first being Bomberman 64: The Second Attack for the Nintendo 64.Template:OR
Despite the fact that the Gamecube adaption of Bomberman Jetters was released in the U.S, it is currently unknown if the anime series will ever get licensed in the U.S.
- White Bomber(シロボン Shirobon) - A native Bomberman from planet Bomber, Shirobon is very clumsy and quite dense. He wrecks things by accident, in sharp contrast to his older brother Mighty. His little accidents tend to make a critical situation worse, much to Shout's frustration. He also will brag endlessly about any achievement, no matter how little. Shirobon may mess up sometimes but he always means well and always tries to help. It is said that he is ten years old. Shirobon doesn't seem to get angry at Shout no matter how many times she yells, curses and hits him (Although this is purely out of fear of inciting Shout's wrath even further, rather than out of affection). He joined Jetters in episode 2, thanks to Momo's relationship with Dr. Ein.
- Shout (シャウト) - Shout is The Leader of the Jetters, who filled in for Mighty after his disappearance. She is also the only female member of the Jetters. Shout picks on Shirobon, but she actually cares for him like a brother. She even said that when he gets older he will lead Jetters, just like Mighty once have. Her mother died in a space flight accident when she was an infant. Her age is unknown but she appears to be about the same age as Shirobon. In her civilian mode, she runs a ramen restaurant.
- Gangu (ガング) - A robot created by Dr. Ein. He is a unique robot that wields gizmos in his body to assist the Jetters. He hates it when Bongo modifies him, especially for cooking. He did not remember when he was created or who created him, and has a recurring dream about fighting and defeating a giant robot. One day when he asked out loud, Dr. Ein admitted to it, and told him an elaborate story about the reason for his creation, after which Dr. Ein said it was all a lie. (But Ein did create Gangu, however)
- Bongo (ボンゴ) - A hairy, large-bodied inventor from planet Dodonpa who helps Dr. Ein and enjoys modifying Gangu, mostly without Gangu's permission. Also, like most of his species, he enjoys curry and ends his sentences with "bongo." Though he doesn't look like it, he is actually a royal prince. His full name is Sarusamanbo Kongaragaccha Bosanovavitch Bongoro Dodonpa XXXIV.
- Birdy (バーディ) - An anthropomorphic bird and a member of the Jetters and a personal friend of Mighty. Birdy is a competent fighter and rarely reveals his emotions, but he loses his temper easily, especially when rui is around and white bomber is not. As a side job he works as a taxi driver. In episode 36 he seems to know Mama. He is mysterious and goes out by himself a lot, but none of the other Jetters knows what he does or where he goes when he "goes out". Birdy can fight well and can make wings come out of his back to fly, and he can throw sharp feathers.
- Mighty (マイティ)- Shirobon's older brother, known as the legendary bomberman, who bears a striking resemblance to original Bomberman. Mighty has a silver visor covering his right eye, wears a red cape and has slightly thicker eyebrows and has fingers, but those are the only major differences between him and Shirobon. He, unlike Shirobon, has a cool and collected personality and a strong sense of justice. It is later revealed that his grandfather wore similar clothing. Mighty and Shirobon also share a very close brother bond. Mighty has some of the personality traits of Shirobon. He rides a hover-bike called the Moto-Jetter. Mighty can create the thunder bomb. After his brief return to Planet Bomber in episode 1 to guard Cosmo Diamond, he went on to another mission to planet Nonbiri. After the Jetters ship had landed on planet Nonbiri, Mighty took on missions against Higehige forces on his own, but after the last base had been destroyed, Mighty had never been found since. In Zero's flashback, it was shown that Mighty was damaged in a gun attack by Mujoe and Zero had penetrated his wound to obtain combat data, before Mighty destroyed the final base with his own attack. In Zero's broadcast of Mighty's final moment, it was shown that Mighty tried to give Shirobon his 7th bombstar before destroying the base, but he only possessed 6 bombstars. The 7th bombstar is Mighty's badge.
- Dr. Ein (Dr.アイン Dr. Iein) - A scientist who founded the Jetters. He has an annoying tendency to blow his nose on any piece of paper nearby, including letters of resignation, leading, understandably, to much confusion. He also has a crush on Grandma Bomber(Shirobon and Mighty's grandmother), and calls her "Momo-chan", which makes her angry. Often regarded as a joke character, he actually has a serious side. Ein tells the Jetters when there are missions. Dr. Ein also chatters on his relationship with Grandma Bomber in various occasions.
- President Bagura - Bagura (a.k.a. Bagular) is the mastermind behind the Hige-Hige Gang, with the goal of collecting universally unique items. He is not actually evil, and was great friends with the Jetters' founder, Dr. Ein, but they were split by an intense rivalry for the affections of Momo, Shirobon and Mighty's grandmother. Later episodes, it's revealed that Bagular is nothing more than a pawn in Dr Mechadoc's sinister scheme of over throwing him to take over the Hige Hige Bandits. He resembles a large blue beardly old bomberman with a letter B on his forehead and wears one gold monocle over his left eye and has a belt, gloves and a red cape. Bagura was later rescued by Mujoe in his second Schnurburt base infiltration attempt.
- Mujoe - A pawn of Bagular, Mujoe is usually in charge of commanding the Hige-Hige Gang's troops. He resembles a pro wrestler, in that he has blonde hair, a blonde mustache/beard and a strange-looking spandex suit. He also wears shades and a large green cape. Mujoe used the Super Combined Bomberman Making Machine and shot at Charaboms to make Mermaid Bomber, Thunder Bomber, Fire Bomber, and Grand Bomber. Mujoe joined Bagura when Bagura found the jobless Mojoe sleeping in streets, and decided to employ Mojoe on his quest against Dr. Ein. After the Schnurburt base had been taken over by Dr. Mechadoc, Mujoe went to the noodle shop in planet Jetter and asked Jetters to help free Bagura. Jetters attempted to free Bagura by infiltrating the Schnurburt base, but the plot failed. Mujoe then attempted to sacrifice himself to take down Max when trying to escape from the failed infiltration, but failed to stop Max. However, Mujoe escaped from Max's attack by pulling an escape trigger just before the attack hits, where he in his is escape block was eventually found by Bager's fishing boat. Since then, he re-infiltrated Schnurburt base under Dr. Ein's secret plan in episode 49 and was successful.
- Dr. Mechadoc - Mechadoc is the Hige Hige Bandits' mad scientist and Bagular's more trusted right hand henchman who does all the building and machinery for Bagular and the Hige Hige Bandits. In Episode 40, Mechadoc turn againest Bagular, it was revealved that Mechdoc and Bagura went to the same science academy back in their younger days, and Mechadoc blames Bagura for stealing his ideas about the bomb crystals. Bagular tries to explain that his idea was false, but Mechadoc refused to listen. As a result, Mechadoc goes into a corrupted berserk rage, locking Bagura up in prison and taking over the Hige Hige Bandits. Since the bomb crystals are inside Planet Bomber, his ultimate plan is to collide both planet Bomber and planet Jetters together until both planets are destroyed. His main creation is the Super Combined Bomberman Making Machine to turn any inanimate objects or helpless Charaboms into his own Bombermen. After Dark Force Bomber is destroyed, he was about to blast Shirobon with his combin pack, but Oyabon and Daibon had it turn on him. Mechadoc became trapped in a crystal.
- MAX (MA-10[X])(マックス Makkusu) - At first solely referred to as the infamous "Space Bounty Hunter," it is later discovered that he is a creation of Mechadoc. He has no feelings or compassion, and will do whatever it takes to reach his goal. He uses the lightning bomb and balloon bomb similar to the missing Mighty. Max's body was destroyed in episode 51, but manages to write his data into Zero before Zero begins the lethal hit, in the same episode hence taking control of his body. However, Max's spirit was destroyed by Shirobon's ruse bomb, saving the fatally wounded Zero.
- Hige-Hige bandits - Hige-Hige Bandits are small, powerful robots. The basic members of the Hige-Hige gang equal of strength to the bombermen. Created by Bagura, they are very powerful when separated and even more powerful in numbers. The Hige-Hige seem to be always happy in every piece of work they are doing but still expect to be paid for it. To those outside the Hige-Hige Bandits, excluding Mujoe, it appears all they can say is "Hige", but it is apparently a language in and of itself. There are Three types of Hige-Hige bandits. Their uniform consists of an orange scarf, white boots and gloves, and a black full body armor. The programming of Hige-Hige units are stored inside disks that are loaded into the disk drives in their heads.
- Mama - An alien-like bartender working in the Hige-Hige headquarter who debuted in episode 5. Mujoe showed great affection over Mama. She is also well-liked by the Hige-Hige. In episode 40 she is held at the base, but still works as a bartender. Later she was rescued by Mujoe. She returned the feelings by thanking him and put her arms around his neck.
Combination bombers are created using MechaDoc's combining machine, debuted in episode 2.
- Bat Bomber - A bomber created in episode 3 when the combined bomber machine was tested on a bat. Has bat wings and a pig nose. His special bomb is the bat bomb which flies around before releasing a swarm of bats. He reappeared to compete in B-1 grand prix, but was defeated by Pretty Bomber in 1st round.
- Dolphin Bomber - A female bomber created in episode 4, capable of making ultrasound bombs and toss back bombs thrown by opponents. However, she has uncontrollable urge of jumping hoops. She wears a swim ring with a what appears to be a skirt underneath, seashell bra, and lipstick. She was destroyed by Shirobon's bomb when Dolphin Bomber tries to jump through a hoop created by modifying Gangu, reversing back into a normal dolphin. She reappeared to compete in B-1 grand prix, but lost in 1st round when the pool where Dolphin Bomber is in dried up.
- Coma Bomber - A spinning top bomber created in episode 5 to help Mujoe to dig tunnels, but it is incapable of digging tunnels. It can create spinning top bombs, but it prefers to play tricks with the bombs then to use them as weapons. It was destroyed by Shirobon's bomb after Shout had trapped it in elevator. It reappeared to compete in B-1 grand prix, but when fought against Hige hige unit #156 in 1st round, #156 crouched, caused Coma Bomber to fly off the field and lose.
- Housing Bomber - A bomber created in episode 6, during the duel between Shirobon and Mujoe, when Mujoe tried to attack Shirobom with combining machine, Shout knock down the machine with boomerang, the machine's beam hit sheriff's office instead. Housing Bomber was destroyed by Max's lightning bomb.
- Bear Bomber - A bomber created in episode 8 in the ice comet. He does not throw bomb, but attacks with his claws. After it was tossed in the air by Bongo with bear trap made from Gangu, it was destroyed by Shirobon's bomb. He reappeared to compete in B-1 grand prix, but was defeated by Bomber Kid.
- Kamome Bomber - A seagull bomber appeared in episode 9 in search of unique item. Under the order of Mujoe, it attacks by firing missile, but was destroyed by Max's lightning bomb. It reappeared to compete in B-1 grand prix and was able to win first round, but lost in 2nd round when referee declared it was absent even though it was on the battlefield. It was even around in the final episode. He exists purely as a joke character.
- Wanigeta Bomber-A bomber combining a crocodile and a sandal in episode 28,using the miniature combination machine.It hardly showed any emotion and used the sandal bomb. It was defeated by Shirobom's burning fire bomb
- Cat Rin Rin Bomber - A bomber combining a cat and a bell in episode 29, using the miniature combination machine. It was defeated by Shirobom's fire bomb, and returned to its components.
- Amefoot Tyranno Bomber - A dinosaur bomber wearing American football jersey in episode 33, created by combining a dinosaur and #33 jersey.
- Tsubame Ball Bomber - A bomber appeared in episode 38. It was defeated by Shirobon's fire bomb.
- Dark Force Bomber - It was created by combining Mechadoc with the four Proto-Max units in episode 50. His only attack is the Dark Force Bomb, and although his name is "Dark Force Bomber" he looks angelic in appearance. Dark Force Bomber was defeated by Shirobon's newest attack in episode 51, and was returned into the 4 Proto-Max units and Mechadoc. In the videogame he was created by the combined powers of the Bomber Shitennou and he had more attacks.
These bombers were created in episode 13 by Mujoe using Mechado's new combination machines on groups of Rapid Panther, Triple Shell, Pteragodon, Elex. The quartet have the ability to create unique arenas that maximize that individual bomber's powers.
- Flame Bomber - A flame wielding Bomber who was the first Bomber Shitennou seen in action and defeated White Bomber with his own two hands. He's very childish and doesn't take his work very seriously, and was overpowered then defeated by White Bomber's new flame based bomb star. After he was defeated in episode 16, he returned into 3 Pteragodon. As well as possessing Pyrokinesis, he can produce and wield his signature "Flame Fire" Bombs. His Battlefield is an ancient Chinese temple courtyard.
- Mermaid Bomber - (Originally appeared in the game Bomberman Online) A female water wielding Bomber who took over the job of the beaten Flame Bomber in episode 17. During her encounter with the Jetters, she fell in love with Birdy but her plans were foiled by Shirobon. She is proud and arrogant, and tends to act more like a spoiled little girl more than anything, using her looks on Mujoe to get what she wants. She also likes to do things her way, or not at all. When Mermaid Bomber was defeated after being electrocuted by Shirobon's Sunrise Thunder Bomb in episode 18, she returned into 3 Triple Shell. She can produce and use her signature "Splash Water" Bombs. Her Battlefield is a large floating oasis.
- Grand Bomber - A strong and kind Bomber Shitennou. He's a very honourable person, and sometimes not sure whether he's fighting for good or evil. He befriends Shirobon not knowing he was a part of the Jetters. When faced with destroying Shirobon, he cannot bring himself to and convinces White Bomber to destroy him instead. As well as being able to roll at high speeds and fire off the spikes on his body to attack foes, he can also produce and wield the Clay Bombs and Brick Bombs. His Battlefield is a farm. However, in the video game it was an underground arena with a similar design to the traditional Bomberman maze.
- Thunder Bomber - (Originally appeared in the game Bomberman Online along with Mermaid Bomber) The last and most powerful of the Bomber Shitennou. Asides from being able to use his signature "Thunder Bombs" and "Flash Thunderbolt Bombs", he has mastery over a wide variety of electrical attacks. Incredibly loyal to Mujoe and emotional, he respects his elders and superiors, he wants to expose those who are framing Mujoe at all costs. Because of this, he has an intense rivalry with Max, as he believes that he's plotting to overthrow Mujoe. He is later defeated by Max's signature attack, Hyper Plasma Bomb. His battlefield is never seen in the anime (MechaDoc interrupted him when he was about to summon it) but the video game reveals that his battlefield is a floating arena surrounded by an electric fence.
The Proto-Max units are the other MA-X series prototypes besides Max.
- Zero (MA-0) - A mysterious android who wields extreme speed and power. He usually wears a cloak in public and bears an extreme resemblance to Max. He is, in fact, the MA prototype MA-0 (hence the unfinished eye plate). He was sent out to absorb Mighty's bomb abilities, but unexpectedly absorbed/copied Mighty's memory in the process. Zero attacked Mechadoc upon awakening, but Mechadoc disabled him and left him in the ruins of the previous Hige-Hige base that had been destroyed by Mighty. Misty later discovered Zero from the ruins and found a doctor to restore Zero into working condition, and Zero worked with Misty under disguise since. When Jetters discovered Zero, the Jetters members believed Zero was Max, until in episode 41, when the real Max appeared alongside with Zero. Zero later told Shirobom that he was the one that had killed Mighty. After his broadcast of Mighty was over, Zero dies. His last words were" Thank you, Shirobon."
- Drill-Max (MA 3) - A Proto-Max unit with a drill on his right arm and a fin coming out from each eye-plate. It was defeated by Shirobon and Birdy.
- Proto-Max Jr. (MA 5) - A very short MA unit who wore shorts, and attacked with a slingshot. It was defeated by Ninja Bomber and Bomber Kid.
- Heavy-Max (MA 7) - A Proto-Max unit with head attached directly to his torso, and was much bulkier than the others. It was defeated by Oyabon and Daibon.
- Boomerang-Max (MA 9) - A Proto-Max with two purple spikes coming out from under his helmet, had no razor crest, and used a boomerang. It was defeated by Zero.
- Virtual Bomber - The trainer bomberman that Shirobon fought in the training tower. He looks and sounds surprisingly similar to Mighty.
- Oyabon - First runner-up in the B-1 grand prix at least twice, losing to Mighty and then Zero. Momo's former student. Uses the "Banchou bomb", "banchou" referring to the leader of a student gangster group. The name "Oyabon" is a pun on the word "oyabun", meaning "boss". In episode 44, he obtained 6th bombstar after completing a bombstar search quest with Shirobon, Kobon, Daibon.
- Kobon - Shirobon's friend and Oyabon's follower. He cannot use bombs because he is not really a Bomberman. Constantly praises Oyabon after he speaks, stating that he "will take this lesson to heart". The name "Kobon" is a pun on the word "kobun", meaning "underling". In episode 44, he obtained a bombstar after completing a bombstar search quest with Shirobon, Oyabon, Daibon.
- Daibon - A cowardly Bomberman who always regards himself as worthless. Followed by a being much like Rui named Pui. In episode 44, he obtained 2nd bombstar after completing a bombstar search quest with Shirobon, Kobon, Oyabon.
- Grandma Bomber/Momo-chan - A very swift and powerful female Bomber who lived with her grandsons, Shirobon and Mighty. She taught them most of what they knew as bombers and constantly tries to help Shirobon improve his skills. Her Japanese name, "Bonbaasan" is a pun on the Japanese phrase "(o)baasan (omasan), or "grandmother".
- Silver Bomber - A senior B-1 grand prix competitor against Shirobon in the 2nd round, and was defeated by Shirobon using Silver Bomber's own technique.
Bombermen from older video games
- Pretty Bomber - A pink female bomber who has a large fan base (including Bongo and Gangu). Uses the "Pretty Bomb." Pretty Bomber won 1st round in the B-1 grand prix, but was absent in 2nd round.
- Bomber (the) Kid - A cowboy bomber who can fire bombs at the speed of a bullet. He later helps Shirobon against Dark Force Bomber.
- Bomber Ninja - A ninja bomber who specializes in confusing the enemy within clouds of smoke. Uses the "Shuriken bomb". During B-1 grand prix against Shirobon in 1st round, it was defeated by Shirobon's fire bomb. He later helps Shirobon against Dark Force Bomber.
Charaboms are unique and sometimes quite powerful creatures from the planet Charabom. Most Charaboms have an element that corresponds to their attack. The Charaboms serve as a type of the "animals".
- Pommy Dragon (Dragon Pommy) - A red, fire breathing Charabom living in the ice comet, appeared in episode 8.
- Hiroshi - A pink, Eleph Charabom debuted in episode 11. The charabom first appeared from an escape pod crash landed into Jetters base on Planet Jetters. The Hiroshi name was given by Bomberman. After it had been returned to its mother in episode 12, the Jetters learnt Hiroshi was a female charabom named Catherine.
- Mama Elephan - Mother of Hiroshi, it is a Big Elephan captured by Mujoe for unique item in episode 11. At episode 12, it was shown it lived inside a cave located in earth attribute continent.
- Ptera - The Pteragodon police officer debuted in episode 11.
- Triple Shell - The Triple Shell police officer debuted in episode 11.
- Elex - The Elex police officer debuted in episode 11.
- Panther Fang - The Panther Fang police officer debuted in episode 13.
- Rapid Panther - The Rapid Panther police officer debuted in episode 13.
- Louie (Rui) - Louie is a green, kangaroo like animal who helps Bomberman by letting him ride on his back. His species is one generally chosen by Bombermen as a sidekick. Louie often washes dishes at the Jetters ramen shop. Louie is also a good ramen cook and is very devoted to whatever he does. In episode 28, Louie and Birdy had to protect a rare trumpet because Shout and Shirobon were sick. Louie tried to protect it with a broom (and later, a vacuum cleaner) and fireworks. All he can say is "Rui", his name. Gangu and Shirobon are the only ones who can fully understand him, but Birdy did buy a book on Rooey language in the aforementioned episode.
- Misty - Misty is an anthropomorphic cat with a short temper like Shout, debuted in episode 10. Before her encounter with Shirobon, she had met Mighty and Birdy in a ruby heist. After being saved by Shirobon, she gave a red bombstar to him. Despite that she is a space thief, she fell in love with Mighty, and later took in Zero after finding him while at the site of Mighty's death. She realized Zero's true identity soon after meeting him, and constantly gets him to reveal knowledge only Mighty should have known without him knowing it. Originally Mighty wanted to invite Misty to join Jetters, but the Jetters badge was broken. In episode 52, Misty found another Jetters badge intended for her in Mighty's locker.
- Twist - Shout's father, a widower and the owner of the noodle store. He is usually seen reading a newspaper which covers his face. Due to this, his face is only seen in episodes 26 and 52, He spoke in episode 52. He lost his wife, Natsumi, in a supernova explosion while riding a spacecraft.
- Natsumi - Twist's wife, the mother of Shout. She died during the explosion of 1988A supernova in a space flight accident, and her grave resides at the top of a hill with an ocean view. her appearance is very similar to that of Shout.
- Dr. Gasket - A scientist who studied and worked for Dr. Ein, and inventor of transporter. He has a habit of shouting his name before and after sentences. The transporter played important roles in the series as it became a tool for extracting bomb crystal from the core of planet Bomber.
- Achoe - Commander of Chige-Chige army in planet Charabom, debuted in episode 12. Bears a striking resembalance to Mujoe, causing Charabom police to pursue Mujoe.
- Nightly - A large duck-like character who is an expert at gathering information, debuted in episode 9. Usually seen wearing a trench coat and sunglasses, his main client is Birdy. Nightly was supposedly killed by Max's bomb in episode 41, but turned up alive in the final episode, although dressed more casually.
When sent to other planets on missions, the Jetters take the Cosmo Jetter. A variety of sub-vehicles in different pods can be attached to the Cosmo Jetter and are equipped from the Jetters HQ.
- Cosmo Jetter
- Round Jetter - Debuted in Episode 2.
- Marine Jetter - Debuted in Episode 4.
- Drill Jetter - Debuted in Episode 5.
- Moto Jetter - Mighty's personal vehicle. It resembles a hovering motorcycle, and Mighty uses it whenever he's on a solo mission.
- Shirobon usually tries to distract his opponents by saying, "Look, a komodo dragon." He learned this from Shout, who used it first in Episode 3.
- Whenever Mujoe tries to thank MechaDoc with a slap on the back, he would send MechaDoc flying face first into something like a wall or heavy piece of machinery.
- In some episodes, the Higehige grunts help Shirobon when he's hungry, sick, or can't find the bathroom, usually enabling him to focus on defeating them.
- Whenever Shirobon wins a new Bomb star, he'll always reply with a catchphrase like "I'm a Jetter, that's why I have two Bomb Stars," followed by the repeating of the number of Bomb Stars, which results in Shout strangling him or holding him over a cliff by his antenna.
- Gangu being remodeled by Bongo into any useful object.
- Shout being called fat, mostly by Mujoe or Shirobon. She is also found trying to change scales in various episodes for unknown reasons.
- Grandma Bomber gets mad whenever Dr. Ein calls her Momo-chan.
Differences and similarities from the games
- Shirobon and all other bombermen have oval-shaped heads.
- Shirobon and Rui are younger than they were in the games.
- MAX is a villain instead of a hero and is a creation of Dr. Mechadoc. He also has red eyes rather than blue ones.
- The Jetters may be the planetary police force that White Bomber is part of in the games, but in the games, it is never named, and has more members, etc.
- Most of the Characters are exclusive in the anime.
- The bombs are not used the same way in the anime. Most of the bombermen use special bombs, like the Fire Bomb, which turns the bomb into a fireball or the Plasma Bomb, which turns it into an energy ball, and regular black time bombs are rarely used. Bombermen will always say "Bomber Shoot" when throwing or launching a bomb, instead of it being laid normally.
- Louie is much smaller in the anime as compared to his game counterpart. But this could be because he is younger in the anime than the game counterparts.
- Bagular and Mujoe are not really villains. But in the games they were and unlike Bagular's game counterpart, he is unable to generate bombs.
- Some Charabom's from the game are not presented.
- Shout's design borrows a few striking resemblances to Lilith, a female character from Bomberman 64: Second Attack.
- Mama's head is modeled like the Beauty, Eagle, and Elite Crush Bombers of Bomberman Generation.
|Episode||Original Japanese Title||Original air date|
|1|| The Admirable Bomberman|
"Akogare Bonbāman" (憧れボンバーマン)
|Mighty returns to Planet Bomber to guard the cosmo diamond. Meanwhile, Mujoe leads his army to steal the unique diamond with the help of his heat cannon.|
|2|| The Five Jetters|
"Gonin Me no Jettāzu" (5人目のジェッターズ)
|Shirobon joins Jetters for its first assignment of finding a unique dinosaur egg. Shirobon's fire bomb punched a hole to the egg, but the Jetters discovered a mountain full of dinosaur eggs.|
|3|| Tremendous Foe! Bombermen Unite!|
"Kyōteki! Gattai Bonbāman!" (強敵!合體ボンバーマン!)
|Jetters received a mission to protect a unique statue from being stolen. Mujoe unveiled the combining machine. Although the Jetters were able to prevent the item from falling to the Hige-Hige, Shirobon broke the statue.|
|4|| Shirobon Proceeds Without Permission!|
"Shirobon Mudan Hasshin!" (シロボン無斷發進!)
|Tired of being Bongo's test subject, Gangu decides to leave the Jetters, but it was accidentally thrown into a truck going to Totemoku planet. Meanwhile, Mechadoc loses his perfume, and orders Hige-Hige bandits to retrieve it. Bongo and Shirobon took off to planet Totemoku on their own, and found the Hige-Hige forces and believed the perfume was a unique item. Bongo and Shirobon retrieved Gangu and perfume, but Shout sprayed the perfume on Bongo, Shirobon, and Gangu.|
|5|| Underground GO! GO! GO!|
"Chitei Gō! Gō! Gō!" (地底ゴー!ゴー!ゴー!)
|After Shout discovered her own barbecue pork made with special space coal did not taste any better from store bought variety, TV news showed Mogue was hiring helper with special space coal as reward. She commanded Shirobon to planet Kurodaiya for the special coal because Shirobon had destroyed all the coal stock. Meanwhile, Mujoe discovered Mogue possesses a unique pickaxe, and decided to dig deep into Planet Daiya for the item. In planet Kurodaiya, Mujoe discovered Coma bomber could not bore through earth, so he ordered the soldiers to dig holes. The digger operated by Bongo and Gangu were flushed away by underground water. When Shirobon and Shout returned to the restaurant, Shout discovered the pork cooked with the special coal did not taste any different from store bought variety, but Shout insisted it tastes better.|
|6|| MAX, the Mysterious Man|
"Naze no Otoko, Makkusu" (謎の男、MAX)
|Mujoe ordered a sheriff to call in Jetters, to challenge Shirobom for a duel.|
|7|| Chasing the Hige Hige Group!|
"Hige Hige Dan wo Oikakero!" (ヒゲヒゲ團を追いかけろ!)
|Jetters and Hige-Hige bandits go to planet Kouraku for a break. Shirobon discovers an underground race of mouse-like people. Meanwhile, Hige-Hige soldiers were having a break in underground caves. When Chūko sneaked into a basket owned by Hige-Hige soldiers, the natives and the Jetters pursued the kidnappers.|
|8|| Blue Rose Memory|
"Omoide no Aoi Bara" (思い出の青いバラ)
|Jetters and Hige-Hige search for an ice rose only found in an ice comet. Max was able to find it in the end, but realized it was not a unique item. Pommy Dragon told Jetters there are clones of the flower made in the comet.|
|9|| To The Treasure Island!|
"Takarajima wo Mezase!" (寶島を目指せ!)
|Jetters and Hige-Hige search for unique sailor-suited fish head figurehead in Planet Resort.|
|10|| Dusk of Bomber Star|
"Yūyake no Bomustā" (夕燒(ゆうや)けのボムスター)
|When Shirobon's ship crash landed, Shirobom=n meets Misty, a thief who is also looking for unique items.|
|11|| Mother, 3000 Light-years|
"Mama wo Tazune Sanzen Kōnen" (ママをたずねて三千光年)
|When an escape pod containing a Charabom crash landed on Planet Jetter, Jetters takes a trip to a planet full of Charaboms to search for Charabom's parent. When the Jetters arrived to the planet, Shout decides to have Jetters joining Ajoe's army to look for unique item. The Jetters were arrested by Pteragodon police, but Ajoe's army rescued the Jetters from prison.|
|12|| Protect Charabom!|
"Kyarabon wo Mamore!" (キャラボンを守れ!)
|In the heroes' continued quest of finding unique item and returning Hiroshi to its parent, Ajoe met Mujoe when the heroes were running from local authorities. Pteragodon police pursued them, but the soldiers brought out barbecue meat from the pots on their heads to distract the pursuers. When the police Charaboms finally caught up, they targeted Mujoe instead. At night, Mujoe disguised as Hiroshi's mother and lured Hiroshi away, but was unable to move far away from Jetters. When Jetters finally reunite Hiroshi and Mama Elephan, Jetters realized Shirobon had been carrying the unique item, a kettle capable of preserving heat for 1 million years, along. Shirobon returned the item to Mama Elephan. After leaving planet Charabom, Shout told Shirobon that Hiroshi was a girl.|
|13|| Shirobon's Defeat|
"Shirobon no Haiboku" (シロボンの敗北)
|Tired of Mujoe's incompetence, President Bagura fired Mujoe from Hige-Hige. Most Hige-Hige soldiers abandoned Mujoe, leaving only 3 bandits following Mujoe. Mujoe realized Max planned to earning favours by collecting unique items elsewhere, and asked Mechado for help. Meanwhile, Charabom police cornered Mujoe into a cave. When Mujoe finally leave cave, he uses Mechado's new combination machine to turn the Charaboms into 4 new bombers. After gaining new recruit, Mujoe challenged Shirobom for a duel. Still taking pride of possessing 2 bombstars, Shirobom agreed to the challenge. Before the duel, Bagura and Mechado appear in front of Jetters for the first time. Mujoe send Flame Bomber into the duel. Shirobon was easily defeated by Flame Bomber, but managed to minimize damages by throwing bombs before the decisive hit. After the match, Bagura tell Mujoe to return to base.|
|14|| Hige Hige Group of Glory|
"Eikō no Hige Hige Dan" (榮光のヒゲヒゲ團)
|Mujoe shows a documentary film about the daily lives of Hige-Hige camp, through the perspective of Hige-Hige unit No. 156.|
|15|| Goodbye Jetters|
"Sara wa Jetāzu" (さらばジェターズ)
|Dr. Ein fired Shirobon from Jetters for unable to perform his duties as a Jetters member. After returning to Planet Bomber, Momo simply told Shirobon to play with friends. Meanwhile, Mujoe led Flame Bomber to rob a unique pufferfish money bank. Shout called Birdy for help, but he was in another planet, so the foes escaped with the item when Birdy finally arrives. In a baseball game, when Shirobon was retrieving a ball lost in tall grass, he remembered the time Mighty's baseball team lost because of Shirobon's failure, but Mighty blamed himself for forcing Shirobon into the team when there was not enough players. Back in Planet Jetter, Birdy said Mighty did not always succeed in missions. In Planet Bomber, Shirobon asked Momo about Mighty. Momo led Shirobon to a training tower, saying that is the place where Mighty used to hang out when he need time to think.|
|16|| Shirobon Returns|
"Kaette Kita Shirobon" (歸ってきたシロボン)
|Shirobon decided to enter the training tower. Meanwhile, president Bagura awarded Mujoe a medal for his successful mission. In the tower, Shirobon was able to pass through the stages at ease, until he met Momo at the top.
Meanwhile, Mujoe celebrate his success in Mama's bar with Mechadoc, but the celebration was interrupted by the quartet bombers. When Bagura called Mujoe for mission, the quartet bombers fought for accepting the job. At the tower, Momo realized Shirobon's power was weaker than before. When Shirobom threw a bomb at Momo, the bomb passed through her. Flame Bomber entered mission of obtaining unique dog chair for winning rock-paper-scissor. Shirobon realized nothing had changed after he had obtained 2nd bombstar. Momo said Shirobon need training to make the bombstar useful. After Shirobon had realized the truth, the 2nd bombstar glows. Shirobon decided to return to planet Jetter tomorrow. In planet Wankoro, Mujoe obtained the unique item, but the Jetters appeared. Mujoe ordered Flame Bomber to attack, but Birdy decided to fight, then Shirobon challenged Flame Bomber. In the arena, Shirobon was able to dodge Flame Bomber's attack. When Flame Bomber uses flame fire bomb, Shirobon counters with Burning fire bomb, and destroys Flame Bomber. After the duel, 3 Pteragodon emerges from the site and chases Mujoe. Meanwhile, Momo told Dr. Ein that Shirobon would return to planet Jetter. In planet Jetter, Shirobon asked Shout to re-join Jetters. Shout gave Shirobon the Jetters badge.
|17|| The Alluring Mermaid Bomber!|
"Miwaku no Māmeido Bonbā!" (魅惑のマーメイドボンバー!)
|Feeling their uses are diminished with the new and improved Shirobon, Bongo and Gangu retire from Jetters, but their resignation letter was used by Dr. Ein for wiping his nose. Bongo and Gangu took on a delivery work and made it to Shout's noodle store, but neither Shirobon nor Shout notice their presence. When Bongo and Gangu changed jobs, they were still being ignored. Meanwhile, Mujoe received an assignment for finding unique telescope. Mermaid Bomber uses her charm to enter the assignment. In the planet, Mermaid Bomber was able to find the item, but she decided to take a break. Bongo and Gangu delivered goods to Mujoe order by Mermaid Bomber using Mujoe's credit card, then Bongo and Gangu noticed the unique item. When Shirobon and Shout reunited with Bongo and Gangu, Shirobon and Shout said they had never noticed the resignation letter. During the duel between Shirobon and Mermaid Bomber, Shirobon's fire bomb was ineffective against Mermaid Bomber's attacks, and was later defeated.|
|18|| Sunrise Bomb of Friendship|
"Yūjō no Sanraizu Bomu" (友情のサンライズボム)
|At night, Higehige bandits were building a hotel for Mermaid bomber, who was thinking for dating Birdy. Meanwhile, Shirobon was finding ways of beating Mermaid bomber's attack. Bongo and Gangu left clues by dropping tiger-striped pants, drum set, wearing the pants and drums, having Bongo eletrocuted on a Gangu-made electric chair, Shirobon remained clueless until Gangu, until Bongo told Shirobon that thunder can defeat water attack. Shirobon said he could not made thunder bomb on its own. Bongo and Gangu decided to train Shirobon despite retired from Jetters. During training, Shirobon was distracted by his own stomach growl. When Bongo tried to explain how thunder works, others fell asleep. At dawn, Bongo modified the pants that allows Shirobon to make thunder bombs. Gangu volunteered to be Shirobon's test target. Shirobon finally made a thunder bomb. Gangu called it sunrise thunder bomb. Bongo and Gangu decided to leave, but Shirobon told Bongo he missed his pants. While Birdy was repairing the Jetter vehicle, Higehige soldier took Birdy's phone and putting it back. At oasis, Mermaid Bomber refused to leave unless a swimpool was built. Higehige soldier reported back with Birdy's phone number, then Mermaid Bomber decided to build a cinema and shopping mall. Birdy received a dating call from Mermaid Bomber to meet her in the oasis. Shirobon and Shout decided to meet Mermaid Bomber, but Birdy refused. Meanwhile, Bongo and Gangu disguised as construction workers. In the duel, Shirobon dove into water when Mermaid Bomber threw her 1st bomb. After Mermaid Bomber threw her 2nd bomb, Shirobon got hit and lost his pants. The pants were drifted out of the stage. After Mermaid Bomber threw her 3rd bomb, Bongo tossed Gangu towards the stage, then Gangu threw the pants towards Shirobom. Shirobon wore the pants in the air, then he threw Sunrise Thunder Bomb towards Mermaid Bomber. After Mermaid Bomber and the stage had been destroyed by the bomb, 3 Triple Shell emerged. Higehige soldier delivered a 2 billion yen bill to Mujoe. Bongo found the unique telescope. Bongo said the pants were ordinary. Gangu said Shirobon was making the thunder bombs by himself all along. When Gangu and Bongo were leaving, Shirobon's pants glowed and turned into a bombstar. Shout said bombstar symbolized the friendship of Shirobon, Gangu, and Bongo. Shirobon asked Gangu and Bongo to rejoin Jetters. Gangu agreed to rejoin. Shout said the hotel built at the oasis had become a famous resort of the planet.|
|19|| Max and Shirobon|
"Makkusu to Shirobon" (MAXとシロボン)
|In Shirobon's flashback, Mighty told Shirobon that they can find a cave's exit by following the wind. Meanwhile, President Bagura imprisoned Mujoe for losing Flame Bomber and Mermaid Bomber. In planet Jetter, Shirobon realized Mighty had been missing for a year. Meanwhile, Shout was following Birdy to the restaurant where he met Nightly. Nightly told Birdy that Max was a thief hired by Bagura. Dr. Ein told other Jetters member that the Higehige was searching for unique hot honey in Ant's Nest planet. On the planet surface, Bongo modified Gangu into a honey finder. In prison, Thunder Bomber told Mujoe that Max was searching for the item. Meanwhile, Max landed on the planet. Inside a cave, Jetters were searching in total darkness, then Shirobon used a light bomb. However, Shirobon dropped the bomb and broke it, leaving the team in the dark. Meanwhile, Max was finding the item on its own. Shirobon lit up light bomb again, but it was getting dimmer. After the light bomb had gone dark, Shirobon tried to change batteries, while Bongo realized he had put a light on Gangu as well. While Bongo was lighting up Gangu, Shirobon lit a fire bomb. Fire bomb blew a hole above and collapsed the cave, leaving Shirobon the only Jetters member not buried inside the rubble. Shirobon was able to find the item, but Max appeared. Max threw a bomb at above Shirobon, then Max left with the item. Other Jetters members were able to escape from the rubble. They heard an explosion, then they realized Shirobon was missing, so they began to search for him. Shirobon chased Max into an area with multiple paths. Shirobon said Max could not escape. Max said he has a radar. Shirobon threw a barrage of fire bombs, and broke Max's radar. Max used balloon bombs to find the exit, then Shirobon asked how could Max know about balloon bomb. Max said he knew how to make balloon bomb all the time. Shirobon said only he and Mighty can make the bomb. Meanwhile, other Jetters members discovered the balloon bomb. Shirobon asked Max about balloon bomb again. Max said anyone can throw bomb knows how to make balloon bomb. Shirobon said any real Bomberman would not play with bombs, and nobody teaches balloon bomb, and nobody tries to learn it, so only he and Mighty knew about balloon bomb. Shirobon suspected Max might be his brother Mighty. Shirobon took out a photo with him and his brother together. Max said he was not Shirobon's brother. Max threw his bomb towards Shirobnm, but Birdy rescued Shirobon from the explosion. Shirobon told Birdy that Max was Mighty. When other Jetters member appeared, Shirobon said Max had taken the item. Birdy told Shirobon that he should not say anything until Birdy consents. Birdy said the caves were about to collapse. Shout realized Birdy was acting suspiciously recently, and vowed to discover his secrets.|
|20|| Plow! Grand Bomber!|
"Tagaya Seguran Bonbā!" (耕せグランボンバー!)
|Mujoe was released from prison. Mujoe felt pain after being released and collapsed. Mujoe was stuck in bathroom for constipation. Thunder Bomber and Grand Bomber asked why Mujoe had constipation. Thunder Bomber said it was because of their failures. Grand bomber force feeding Mujoe constipation-reliving rice ball. In a meeting, Mujoe's stomach exploded from within. Grand Bomber told Thunder Bomber that he had given Mujoe gunpowder rice ball. Bagura assigned Thunder Bomber and Grand Bomber as Max's henchmen during Mujoe's recovery, but Max said they would only get in his way. Grand Bomber stole the unique forked radish from the shelf next to Bagura's throne. In planet Tagaya, Grand Bomber planted the radish into a field and wait for Jetters. However, Jetters never came, so Grand Bomber tried to call them, but he could not find out the phone number of Jetters headquarters, then he realized he had not told Jetters about his plan. In infirmary, Mujoe read a letter from Gran Bomber, telling Mujoe that he would return after Jetters were defeated. Thunder Bomber realized Grand Bomber was just hiding, so they should look for Grand Bomber. Meanwhile, Shirobon and Shout were on a tourist ride, stopping in front of Gran Bomber. Shout asked tour guide about the free rice. Tour guide said they got it by planting rice by hand. Shout ordered Shirobon to plant rice, because Shirobon had blown up the store. Shirobon said he had planted rice every year on planet Bomber. Shout asked tour guide for free chopsticks for planting. Gran Bomber offered to help Shirobon. Shout and Shirobon believed Grand Bomber look familiar, but Shirobon only recognized Grand Bomber was a tourist. Grand Bomber and Shirobon were planting rice, but Shirobon was reluctant. Grand Bomber said planting rice is about getting dirty. In Shirobom's flashback, Mighty said anyone who gets dirty from working in rice field cannot be bad. Grand Bomber taught Shirobon how to plant again, then the rice got matured quickly. Tour guide said the planet's soil is very fertile, so rice planted in morning can be harvested in afternoon. The group ate rice balls made from rice planted by themselves. Louie dropped rice ball into Grand Bomber's field, which landed next to the item. Louie tried to retrieve the rice ball, then Grand Bomber told Louie to stop. Grand Bomber said there were traps to defeat Jetters. Shout said they were here because of Grand Bomber's plan, but Shirobon said they were here for the free rice. Shout asked about the traps and the unique item, then she ordered Shirobom to get the item. Gran Bomber and Shirobon stared at each other, but Shirobon did not know where was the unique radish. Shirobon tried to get the item, but Gran Bomber told Shirobom to stop, then Shirobom triggered a trap. Shout told Shirobon to apologize to Grand Bomber. Meanwhile, Louie dug into the field. Grand Bomber tried to save Louie, but he triggered another trap. Shirobon found a bomb from Grand Bomber. Grand Bomber said it from his trap. Shirobon dropped the bomb, but the bomb exploded after Grand Bomber caught it. Shirobon remembered Mighty's message and tried to help Gran Bomber, but Gran Bomber asked Shirobon to fight him. Grand Bomber summoned battlefield, but nothing happened. Grand Bomber said the field looks exactly the same as the surroundings before the summon. Grand Bomber and Shirobon threw bombs at each other, but only Grand Bomber was knocked down. Shout said Grand Bomber's earth element was weak against fire. Grand Bomber tried to get up, but Shirobon told Grand Bomber to stop. Grand Bomber said he must defeat Jetters for the trouble he had got Thunder Bomber and Mujoe into. Shirobon said Gran Bomber was not bad. Tour guide got the unique radish and said the field was designed to grow cabbage. Tour guide decided to make pickles from the item. Max dove into the field and took the item. Shirobon shouted at Max as brother, then Shout noticed it. Shirobon said it was nothing. Shirobon said because the item was gone, he and Grand Bomber did not have to fight, and Max was a good guy. Grand Bomber said Shirobon was good. Shirobon said they should plant rice again. Louie told Shout that the unique radish belonged to Higehige. Shout still concerned how Shirobon had addressed Max. Grand Bomber told Thunder Bomber that Shirobon and Max were good. Thunder Bomber said Shirobon and Max are their enemies.|
|21|| Duel At the Ancient Hot Spring Village!|
"Kodai Onsen Kyō no Kettō!" (古代溫泉鄉の決鬥!)
|At the bar, Mujoe told Thunder Bomber that they should wait for Gran Bomber. In planet Tagaya, Shirobom asked Gran Bomber to join Jetters, but Gran Bomber refused. Gran Bomber decided to ask his brother. After hearing Gran Bomber's plan, Mujoe said it was Gran Bomber's plan to infiltrate Jetters. Meanwhile, Gran Bomber's cart hit a rock. Gran Bomber drilled out the rock with his head, causing water to burst out of the hole. The hot water filled the field beside the cart. Gran Bomber, Shirobom, Shout, Louie took a bath in the pool together. Tour guide appeared and said there was a legend about an ancient Yuu civilization. The civilization possessed hot spring technology, and a unique hot spring egg. When Gangu and Bongo appeared, Gangu was suspicious. Gaugu told Gran Bomber to scrub Gangu's back, Gran Bomber complied. Gangu ordered Gran Bomber to get a can of juice, Gran Bomber complied. At a store, Gran Bomber took the vending machine next to the store, then Thunder Bomber appeared. Blocked by the vending machine, Gran Bomber thought Thunder Bomber turned into a vending machine, until Gran Bomber turned around. Thunder Bomber told Gran Bomber on what Mujoe had said in the bar. Thunder Bomber decided to defeat Jetters by himself, but Gran Bomber decided he would carry on the task of defeating Jetters. Gangu realized Gran Bomber had left for a long time. Shout decided the team should look for the unique item. On a mountain, Gran Bomber practiced his clay bomb, but he realized he could not defeat Shirobom, then he decided to be an apprentice. Gran Bomber went to a pottery to be an apprentice, but the potter did not know anything about bomb. Gran Bomber asked about the dirt next to the potter. Potter said the kiln soil is used to make kiln, and it can be made to resist fire by baking.
Inside Drill Jetter, Shout said Gran Bomber was just lost. Drill Jetters dug into a place with hot springs. Shout said it was a site of the ancient civilization. Shout and Gangu saw the egg. Shirobom decided to take a bath. Shout told Shirobom to stop, because it is the female bath time. Shirobom said he was still a kid. Shout told Shirobom to drink fruit flavoured milk. Mujoe's ship landed in the ruins. When Shirobom opened the door to undressing room, Shirobom, Gangu, Bongo saw Mujoe was standing in front of Shout, who was on a scale. Mujoe asked where was Gran Bomber. Gangu said Gran Bomber was on an important mission. Shout appeared, then Gran Bomber emerged from an explosion above the ruins. Gran Bomber challenged Shirobom. Shirobom said Gran Bomber cannot win. Thunder Bomber suggested he would fight instead, but Mujoe said they should leave it to Gran Bomber. Gran Bomber summoned the field. Gran Bomber and Shirobom each threw a bomb, then a brick wall appeared after the explosion was cleared. Bongo said the bricks can block fire. Gran Bomber said it was brick bomb. Gran Bomber and Shirobom threw bombs again. Thunder Bomber realized Brick bomb is only a defensive technique, and Gran Bomber cannot win. In the field, Gran Bomber was panting. Shirobom told Gran Bomber to quit. Gran Bomber demanded Shirobom to attack. Gran Bomber said Shirobom resembled Mighty, and Mighty was a coward. Shirobom threw bomb at Gran Bomber and hit. Shirobom said Gran Bomber was just trying to make him angry, but Gran Bomber denied. Gran Bomber demanded more attacks, but Shirobom refused. Gran Bomber tried to throw Clay bomb, but Gran Bomber dropped the bomb instead, and split the ground. Shirobom fell into the chasm, then Gran Bomber caught Shirobom's hand. Gran Bomber asked Shirobom for forgiveness. Gran Bomber asked Shirobom to turn him back into a Charabom. Gran Bomber said he is part of Higehige, but if he turned back into a Charabom, then he would not belong to Higehige or Jetters. Gran Bomber vowed to plan rice together in future. Gran Bomber threw Shirobom into the air and demand for a fight. At evening, 3 Rapid Panthers appeared. Mujoe appeared besides Shirobom and said Gran Bomber had fought Shirobom fairly to the end. Mujoe said Gran Bomber was a good rival. Shirobom picked up a branch of rice grains and remembered Gran Bomber's promise.
|22|| Mighty's Longest Day|
"Maiti no Ichiban Nagai Hi" (マイティの一番長い日)
|In a rainy night, Birdy remembered the conversation between him and Shirobom in the cave. In the bar, Thunder Bomber told Mujoe that Bagura was calling Mujoe.
In meeting, Bagura assigned Mujoe to deliver mail in planet Gamukuccha. Dr. Ein ordered a mission for a unique beach ball in planet Otto. Shirobom noticed Birdy is missing. Gangu said Birdy had been acting strangely. In planet Otto, Mechado asked why Thunder Bomber chose him on a mission. Thunder Bomber said he wanted to discuss with Mechado. Thunder Bomber said someone Max was trying to frame Mujoe, by using Mujoe as bait to make sure Max to succeed in missions. The Higehige party located the item under a cliff, but the Jetters already got the item. Thunder Bomber challenged Shirobom, but Mechado held Shirobom onto a chair with a balloon above. A train track appeared, with Mechado on the train above the track. Mechado said the balloon contains dangerous water, which will be released by popping the balloon with the needle on the head of the train. Thunder Bomber wanted to fight Shirobom fairly, but Mechado said he hated violence, then he offered a deal for Jetters to give up the item to free Shirobom. Shout accepted the offer. Before Bongo can deliver the item to Mechado, a bomb hit Mechado's train, then Max took the item from Bongo in the middle of the smoke cloud. Max challenged Thunder Bomber to steal the item. When Mechado ordered Max to give back the item, Max said he only follows the terms in Bagura's contract, which allows Max to get unique items from anyone. When Max was leaving, Birdy dove in and took the item. Birdy gave the item to Shout. Thunder Bomber jumped towards Max, but Max knocked back Thunder Bomber. Birdy jumped up, by a lightning bomb hit Birdy. Max charged towards Shout, but Shirobom appeared in front of Shout. Max told Shirobom to move, but Shirobom refused. Max was wounded by Birdy's feather. Max flew away.
In Bagura's base, Mujoe searched for a way to defeat Max, then he discovered a disk. Mujoe asked what happened to Thunder Bomber's arm. Thunder Bomber said it was nothing. Thunder Bomber asked what was Mujoe searching. Mujoe said he knew nothing about Max, and this place may contain the needed information, but he could not find anything in the archives. Thunder Bomber said it was a conspiracy against Mujoe, and Max was responsible. Mujoe remembered one of the 3 remaining Higehige bandits in a cave had told Mujoe that every time Mujoe was fighting against Jetters, Max was earning glory on another planet. Mujoe realized he had been used to attract the Jetters. Thunder Bomber said he had some interesting information. In planet Jetter, Shirobom stood in front of Birdy's taxi. Shirobom said Max's bomb was similar to Mighty's. Birdy said he did not believe information from anyone until he can confirm it by himself. Birdy asked if Shirobom knew the day when Mighty disappeared. In flashback, Mujoe's ship appeared in planet bomber, then Mighty was hit. Birdy received a call that the Jetters' next mission is in planet Nonbiri, where Mechado was looking for an airship. Birdy said he should have noticed something. In flashback, the ship reached the orbit of planet Nonbiri. Inside the Jetters' ship, Birdy was injured. After the ship had landed and Birdy had awaken, Gangu said Mighty went to Higehige's headquarters. Birdy said he had fainted because of his injury, so Mighty went to the headquarters on his own. Mighty was able to stop the Higehige's plans, and eventually had gone to Higehige's last base. When Mighty was walking through a corridor, Birdy called in, but Mighty dropped his badge. After the base had exploded, Birdy went to the remains of the last base, where Birdy had found Mighty's badge. Birdy regretted he had not noticed Mighty had been injured during the planet Bomber mission, but Mighty had lied and had said it was only a scratch, when in fact Mighty was more injured than Birdy. In planet Bomber, Birdy asked for Mighty that Birdy should take on this mission, Mighty agreed for the first time. Birdy said he could not keep up. Mighty decided to leave the next mission to Birdy too. Birdy said if he had noticed Mighty's injury and not collapse during mission, Mighty would not had disappeared. Birdy asked Shirobom to believe in him finding Mighty. Shirobom asked if Birdy think Max is not Mighty? Birdy did not know, but despite using similar bomb, Max had never told he was Mighty; even if Mighty had lost his memory, there was a difference between Max and Mighty. Birdy said Max's bomb did not have human warmth in it. Shirobom ran off from Birdy's taxi. Shirobom decided to believe Max is Mighty. Nightly called Birdy to meet someone, whom had information about Mighty.
|23|| Shout's Tears|
"Shauto no Namida" (シャウトの淚)
|In flashback, Birdy said if he had noticed Mighty's injury and not collapse during mission, Mighty would not had disappeared. Shirobom ran off from Birdy's taxi. Shirobom decided to believe Max is Mighty. Nightly called Birdy to meet someone, whom had information about Mighty.
Birdy's ship left planet Jetter, with Shout monitoring the ship's movement. In Shout's flashback, Birdy had told Shirobom to shut up when Shirobom was about to reveal Max's identity. In planets Tagaya and Otto, Shirobom had referred to Max as his brother.
In another planet, Nightly led Birdy to Mujoe, with Shout following them. Mujoe asked information about Max. Birdy gave Mujoe a disk, but Mujoe gave Birdy back the disk, claiming he did not need it. Birdy said Mujoe had been demoted, but Mujoe denied it was the reason for returning the disk. Mujoe said Mighty had died. Birdy noticed someone had been watching the conversation. In planet Jetter, Birdy asked if Shout had heard the news, then Birdy told Shout not to give the information to Shirobom, and he would tell Mighty is fine, because Shirobom still believed Max is Mighty. In noodle store, Shirobom complained about washing dishes, but Shout did not say anything. Shirobom said something was wrong with Shout. Shout told Shirobom to play outside with Louie. Shirobom asked Shout if he can take Louie in next mission, because Louie had been living in planet Bomber, so Louie might recognize Mighty. In Shout's room, there was a picture of Shout and Natsumi together. In Shout's flashback, Shout told her father that she would work hard to fill the role that Natsumi once filled, so they could eventually open restaurants in other planets and make a lot of money. Outside Jetters base, Shirobom, Bongo worried about Shout. Gangu decided to investigate what was behind Shout's trouble. In a street, Shout thought it was difficult for her to accept that Natsumi would never return. Meanwhile, Shirobom, Louie, Bongo, Gangu watched Shout from a street corner. Gangu said Shout wanted the clothes inside the store next to her, but the dress was too expensive. The dress was sold to a family of 3 that came out of the store. Shout said the family had bad taste, and she would never wear such clothes. Gangu said the restaurant was not doing well, so the was searching for spare change on the ground. Shout walked pass another noodle restaurant, then Gangu said Shout did not want to look at noodle soups. When Shout returned to home, Gangu welcomed Shout. Shirobom gave Shout a bowl of grilled octopus ball noodle. Shirobom added sauce and mayonnaise to the bowl. Louie, Bongo, Shout looked awful. Shout said such noodle could be served in the restaurant. Gangu said it was his attempt to save the restaurant. Shout denied the restaurant was floundering, and asked why would grilled octopus ball be put in noodle. Shirobom said Mighty loved grilled octopus ball, and he loved it as well. Shout told others to clean up and left.
In Shout's room, Shout thought about Shirobom and his brother. Gangu realized the Jetters had not been dispatched for a whole week, so Shout felt unfulfilled for lack of missions. Outside the store, Shout wondered if she should tell Shirobom the truth. Shout receive a call from disguided Gangu voice that a unique golden noodle bowl had been stolen in planet Jetter. Meanwhile, Shirobom was watching Shout from behind bushes. Gangu asked Shout's location. Shout said she was by a park. Gangu said the Higehige was heading to the park. Gangu told Shirobom, Louie, Bongo that the should dressed like Higehige members. Shirobom, Louie, Bongo appeared from above the slope behind Shout, as Higehige bandits. However, Louie used the wrong voice for Higehige bandit. Gangu appeared with a golden bowl, as the fifth quartet king. Shout asked how could there be a fifth member among quartet kings. Gangu said he was a substitute. Shout asked what was the fifth quartet king's element. Gangu said it was metal. Gangu was hit by Shout's boomerang, then Gangu dropped the bowl and broke it. Gangu, Shirobom, Louie, Bongo ran away, then they reappeared without the costumes. Gangu picked up the shattered bowl, then it shattered again. Shout thanked the others and said they had thought her was depressed, so they had thought of such scheme to cheer her up. Gangu denied such scheme. Shout said she felt okay now. Shirobom said Shout usually nagged and yelled at him, and alway beat him. Shirobom was knocked down by Gangu. Shout said there would be a festival tonight, and they should go together. Shirobom agreed. At night, fireworks were fired into sky. Shirobom and company bought octopus balls, mask, cosmo cotton candy. Shirobom said Momo would take them to festival on planet Bomber, and Mighty was good at target shooting and would won a lot of toys, and Mighty had bought Shirobom octopus ball, and had thrown fireworks bomb. Shirobom threw a fireworks bomb. Shirobom wished Mighty could see him throwing fireworks bomb. Birdy's taxi stopped behind Shirobom, Shout, Louie, Bongo, Gangu. Shout said Shirobom had thought about Mighty for too long. Shirobom asked why. Shout said Shirobom has 3 bombstars, and is Hiroshi's older brother. Shirobom said he would always be Mighty's younger brother. Shout said Shirobom could not be spoiled forever. Shirobom vowed he would save Max when they meet next time. Shirobom said Mighty's memory was lost in the accident, and if he took Louie along, Mighty would remember them, because Max is Mighty. Shout said Mighty was dead. Shout said she had heard Mujoe telling Birdy that Mighty had died. Shirobom went down via the slope.
|24|| Lightning Thunder Bomber!|
"Dendeki Sandā Bombā!" (電擊サンダーボンバー!)
|Shirobon joins the Hige-hige to see Max who he thought was Mighty but Max him that he killed him so he destroyed Thunder Bomber for him getting in his way. He almost killed Shirobon but Birdy saved him from Max's Hyper plasma bomb and Shirobon quit the Hige-hige.|
|25|| The Truth Revealed|
|26|| Our Jetters!|
"Boku ra Jettāzu!" (ボクらジェッターズ！)
|27|| The Convienent Functions of Gangu!|
|28|| Louie's Departure|
"Rūi to Ohanashi" (ルーイとおはなし)
|29|| Melody of the Large Planet|
"ōki na Hoshi no Merodi" (大きな星のメロディ)
|30|| Curry and Prince|
"Karē to Oūji-sama" (カレーと王子様)
|31|| Misty's Big Campaign|
|32|| The Admirable Shirobon|
"Akogare Shirobon" (憧れのシロボン)
|33|| Aim the Bomb!|
"Ain de Bon!" (アインでボン！)
|34|| Intense Fighting! B-1 Grand Prix!!|
"" (激闘！ B-1グランプリ！！)
|35|| B-1 Competition! The Burning Shirobon!|
"" (B-1勝負！ 燃えよシロボン！)
|36|| Close Encounter! Jetters 24 Hours|
"" (密着！ ジェッターズ24時)
|37|| Reviving Max|
|38|| Protecting the Great Invention|
|39|| Suspicious Health Check|
|40|| Coup d'etat Outbreak!|
|41|| New Life! Hige Hige Group of Darkness!|
"" (新生！ 闇のヒゲヒゲ団)
|42|| Mujo, Man's Salty Ramen|
"Mujō, Otoko no Shio Rāmen" (ムジョー、男の塩ラーメン)
|43|| Assault! Schnurrbart!|
"" (突入！ シュヌルバルト)
|44|| Search the Bomb Star!|
|45|| Zero and Shirobon|
"Zero to Shirobon" (ゼロとシロボン)
|46|| The Secret of the Bomb Crystal|
|47|| The Fearful Dr. MechaDoc|
"Sore wa Sore wa Okoroshī Mekādo" (それはそれは恐ろしいメカード)
|48|| Clash!? Jetter Star!|
"" (激突！？ ジェッター星！)
|49|| Schnurrbart Recaptured!|
|50|| Unite! DarkForce Bombers!|
"" (合体！ ダークフォースボンバー！)
|Eventually the Proto-Maxes combine to create DarkForce Bomber, an angel-like bomber that uses a lazer-like bomb that shoots in all directions that starts from a ball formed at the tip of his finger.|
|51|| The Last Day of Bomber Star!|
|52|| Advance Jetters|
"" (進め！ ジェッターズ)
- Tomoko Kaneda as White Bomber/Shirobon
- Risa Mizuno as Shout
- Kouji Ishii as Mujoe
- Masami Iwasaki as Birdy
- Hiroki Takahashi as Mighty, Max, and Zero
- Haruhi Terada as Rui/Louie and Younger Momo-chan (Episode 27)
- Kenichi Ogata as Dr Ein
- Mugihito as Souto Bagura
- Naoki Tatsuta as Dr. MechaDoc
- Rica Matsumoto as Misty
- Hiroshi Shimozaki as Virtual Bomber (Episode 16)
- Mariko Nagahama as Pommy Dragon, Bachan and Danny
- Kaori Asou as Momo and Mermaid Bomber
- Kei Wanatabe as Flame Bomber
- Holly Kaneko as Grand Bomber
- Eiji Takemoto as Thunder Bomber
The Gamecube Jetters Game features Shirobon as the main character and uses the same-style cel-shaded animation as Bomberman Generations, while the Game Boy Advance version features Mighty Bomber as the main character using the same Zelda-style gameplay as Bomberman Tournament.
There are also 2 Jetters game for GBA. The first one is similar to Bomberman Story, but player controls Mighty. Bomberman Jetters Game Collection is a collection of Mini-games in addition to the Bomberman multiplayer battle mode where you can choose to play as the characters from the TV series such as White Bomber, Shout, Birdy, Mujo, Mighty and others. Unlike most Bomberman games, each character has their own special attack to use as well. For example, Birdy can make whirlwinds from his wings while Shout can use her Boomerang weapon.
- Hudson.Co.Jp Bomberman Jetters Official Japanese Bomberman Jetters Anime site
- Bomberman Jetters (anime) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
- TV Tokyo page
- Studio Deen page
- Jetters episode guide