|40x40px||Look up Ayumi in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ayumi (あゆみ, アユミ?) is a Japanese word meaning "course" or "walking" (歩み?). The kanji of Ayumi (歩- Ayu.mu) derives from the Chinese word (步- bù); the meanings of the two are similar but not the same. Ayumi is also a feminine Japanese given name. It is rarely used as a surname.
Ayumi can be written using different kanji characters and can mean:
- 歩み, "course" or "walking"
- as a given name
- 歩, "progress", "walking", "a step"
- 歩美, "walking, beauty"
- あゆ美, mixture of hiragana and kanji
- as a surname
- Ayumi Hamasaki (born 1978), Japanese singer
- Ayumi Ishida (born 1948), Japanese actress
- Ayumi Ito (born 1980), Japanese actress
- Ayumi Kida (born 1966), Japanese actress
- Iconiq (born 1984), Korean singer
- Ayumi Miyazaki (born 1971), Japanese singer
- Ayumi Morita (born 1990), Japanese tennis professional
- Ayumi Nagashii (born 1974), alias for the Japanese voice actress Ryoka Yuzuki
- Ayumi Oka (born 1983), Japanese actress
- Ayumi Takano (born 1973), Japanese actress and television presenter
- Ayumi Shibata (born 1984), Japanese singer
- Ayumi Kinoshita (born 1982), Japanese actress and model
- Ayumi Beppu (born 1983), Japanese actress and model
- Amy Yeager, aka Ayumi Yoshida, a secondary character from Meitantei Conan, also known as Case Closedpl:Ayumi