A Perfect Day for Love Letters (恋文日和 Koibumi Biyori?) is a Japanese manga short story series written and illustrated by George Asakura. Each story depicts a relationship that revolves around the use of love letters. The stories were originally published by Kodansha in the shōjo (aimed at teenage girls) manga magazine Bessatsu Friend, and collected in two bound volumes. A Perfect Day for Love Letters received the Kodansha Manga Award for shōjo manga along with Oi Piitan!! by Risa Itou in 2005.
In Japan, Kodansha published both tankōbon volumes on March 2001 (ISBN 978-4-06-341229-1 and ISBN 978-4-06-341230-7). The series is licensed for an English language release in North America by Del Rey Manga. The first published on June 2005 (ISBN 978-0-345-48266-2) and the second on November 2005 (ISBN 978-0-345-48267-9).
Anime News Network's Carlos Santos criticizes the manga for its characters quirks for being annoying and "occasional clutter layout". However, he complemented the manga for "true-to-life characters". Mania.com's Mike Dungan criticises George Asakura's artwork as "coarse". However he commends the manga for "building the tension just right" in each of the individual stories.
- ↑ "Kodansha Manga Awards". Anime News Network. 2005-05-12. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- ↑ Script error
- ↑ Script error
- ↑ "New Del Rey Manga". Anime News Network. 2004-12-07. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- ↑ "Catalog: A Perfect Day for Love Letters 1 - A Perfect Day for Love Letters 2". Del Rey Manga. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- ↑ Santos, Carlo (April 26, 2006). "A Perfect Day for Love Letters G.novel 2". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- ↑ Dungan, Mike (June 12, 2006). "A Perfect Day for Love Letters (aka: Koifumi-biyori) Vol. #01". Mania.com. Retrieved 2009-03-20.